Continue to Site

Facade over a conveyor oven?

ryank

I like the open flame and built-in look of the Wood Stone/Earthstone style ovens, but I much prefer a conveyor oven for speed and consistency. My conveyor oven will be fully visible by the customers, and I want to mask it or give an illusion of an artisan style oven. Has anyone heard or seen someone create an interesting facade over a conveyor oven, so it doesn’t look like a “conveyor” oven?

Last edited:
You might be able to create a 2x4 framed facade & use fake brick over drywall…you’d have 2 figure out a way to access the controls 7/or window…

Last edited:
I don’t know why you want to cover up your conveyor.
We have ours open to view from the public and they enjoy sitting there looking up the tunnel seeing the pizzas came along.
Also you would be putting yourself on shaky grounds making customers think that you have a woodfired / stone oven when you get a completely different bake. You would want to make one he11 of apizza to make them think otherwise.
Why not just focus on making the he11 of a good pizza and they won’t care what type of oven you have.

Dave

Last edited:
I have a friend who once designed a stone vaneer facade over the front of a microwave oven, but I haven’t seen it done with an air impingement oven yet, but I imagine it could be done, but why? Your customers would only see the pizzas coming out of the oven, never going in as that would all be happening on the other side of the facade. I’m inclined to agree with just letting the oven be itself in this case.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
Back