Continue to Site

Facebook - How are you using it? Is it profitable for you?

Pizzamancer

This came up in another thread, and I was wondering what others were doing with it. I think most people know the basics of facebook, but what is using it to the fullest extent? What are some of the best practices you use for FB?

Just some other questions off the top of my head to get the discussion started:

Do you have a FB page dedicated to your business?

How do you promote your page?

What is the best tool you used to generate fans (likes)?

Any marketing success stories?

How much time do you spend interacting with your fans on FB?

What is the cost of generating a ‘like’?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that Carmen. I think the article reinforces that social media is not an “if you build it, they will come” way to market to your customers. It takes some elbow grease to get going, and some follow up work, but the results are great.

Last edited:
We had a BIG Facebook presence in the past, and with all the changes FB has initiated, it’s been a challenge to bring back the page back to life…

But we’ve now got the mass event invites working, so we should be back to fan/friend building shortly…

We use FB to drive customers to the on-line ordering site…we give away 3-5 medium pies/day and capture their data for further/future use…

Last edited:
It’s true you can’t just create your facebook page and then expect people to flock to your restaurant. It takes some time it to get itself going and it requires that you put some effort into it. You need to engage with your customers through your facebook, or any social media you have. Post engaging posts and even talk to customers directly if you are comfortable. Using the new question option for posts is a good way to see what customer like and don’t like about your restaurant. You also want to post regularly. Do not have months in between posts because your customers will get bored with you. I post about 2 times a week to our facebook page just to keep a presence for our fans. It doesn’t cost anything to generate a like, unless you are paying for facebook ads which are priced at cost per click. People like you because they either know your or want to know more about you. A really good resource is this guide using facebook for your business: https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Internsh … w=cfc7af93. I used it to get our facebook page off the ground and we have seen an increase in likes. You can also check out another article which goes more into the whole social media strategy but it can be applied to facebook: http://ezinearticles.com/?Creating-A-Su … id=6873800

Savanna Eckenrode
MenuDrive
www.menudrive.com

Last edited:
Back