Continue to Site

Facebook posts and the power of free pizza

pcuezze

To those of you considering advertising on Facebook, consider this. I have been experimenting with different types of Facebook posts over the past few months - Photos, free pizzas, contests, straight advertisement posts, informative posts, feedback posts, etc. Thought I’d share the following:

Last Monday, we posted our Kids Eat Free special with the following post “Kids Love pizza. Moms love free stuff. Good thing it’s Monday and kids eat free at Next Door Pizza. Kids Dining in get to make their own pizza”. I call this a straight advertisement post. It “reached” 689 people. 688 organic 1 viral.

This Monday, I posted a picture of a little girl eating our pizza from a few weeks past. I asked the FB audience to guess why the little girl was so happy (correct answer was b/c it was kids eat free Monday). I offered a free medium pizza to the first correct answer. The result? 1422 reached. 1326 organic 98 viral.

I’m out $3 for a medium pizza. The second post took me about 30 more seconds than the first. Would you pay $3 to double the audience of your post? Of course you would (or you should). I think the combination of a catchy photograph, a reason to interact (a question), and a free pizza yielded a much more effective post. If you’re curious, we did 25% more sales this Monday than last (though I can’t attribute that to the FB post necessarily).

Patrick Cuezze
www.nextdoorpizza.com
facebook.com/nextdoorpizza

Last edited:
I’m impressed, and I learned something. Thanks for sharing, and keep on finding ways to be better at what you do.

Last edited:
Patrick, have you tried Facebook Offers? I’ve found that those go extremely viral.

I did an offer about 3 hours ago and made 50 available… It’s just for our normal Tuesday night special.

We have 5,000 fans and the offer has now been seen by 3,410 people, with 1,196 organic and 2,214 viral :shock:

Edit: The final tally was 6,311 reached. 1,730 organic and 4,597 viral. Our “normal” posts average about 1,300 views with maybe 50 viral.

Last edited:
Patrick,

You got it!!! Facebook is a powerful advertisement tool. I believe that I got the idea here on think tank but we will occasionally ask a question for a free pint of ice-cream. It is a very very popular thing and blows up our Facebook page. For example we have asked what is the temp. of our oven, how much did our new-born weigh at check-up, what is the top Blue Bell seller, and the list goes on and on. Keeping Facebook fans engaged is key!!!

Last edited:
I would have to say this place looks like success success success! Great job on facebook and otherwise. have you had any isssue or ill call it fine print items with your kids eat free deal or does it go pretty smooth? it looks like buy any large pizza get a med right?
is it only dine in? thanks so much for insight!

Last edited:
OUR NEXT CONTEST:guess, in ounces,the weight of this pizza.the first person to guess correctly will win a medium 2 topping pizza. in order to be eligible to win you have to be part of our text message club.to join all you have to do is text
the word bennys to the number 72727,simple as that!!you will get a confirmation text once you join.if you are an existing member a new message has been sent out for the winner of the contest to show us!!POST YOUR REPLIES HERE!! one vote per person…no edit!!
this is my first contest,my second give away.my first was last week.my bennyspizzabeardstown page has 537 friends,1645 saw it 984 organic/690 viral 116 comments 3-4 were mine.there is a bit of fine tuning to do.my next most viewed post was a picture of my 3 year old putting pepperoni on a pizza in her apron.

Last edited:
I have a coupon page following me, and when I post contests or free pizza posts they share it. They have almost 10k followers/likes so you might want to try to spread your reach and search to find out if there are any coupon groups in your state/city/area and get them to share your next contest. I would have never thought of it if they didn’t pop up and start sharing my posts on their wall.

Last edited:
Back