Continue to Site

Feedback for the Think Tank

Missy_PMQ

Administrator
Staff member
It’s been about a year since the new Think Tank platform has launched and I think it’s time to do some sprucing up, don’t you? Visibly, functionally… conceptually?

I’m curious to hear from you guys on where the Think Tank can improve. One of the things I’d like to focus on is making it easier to find information. I’ve added a function for tags now which should help. Once we get all the threads tagged we can make a tag cloud which will show at a glance which topics have the most threads in them. Like this example below (only less huge hopefully). I think tags will also help pull up relevant related threads. What do you think?

Is it too annoying to have to include 1 tag per thread?

http://media.nngroup.com/media/editor/2012/11/18/wordle-word-cloud-donations.png

Last edited:
I have to admit, that I do not find myself searching the think tank, so I may be the wrong person to ask but I would rather not bother with entering tags. What is wrong with key word search?

I do wish that there was a single click option to mark the forum as “read”.

Last edited:
i like those tag cloud things…if i look at them and find something interesting ill click…but again i like the way it is now so no big deal if its not added

Last edited:
I like the forum the way it is. If I could change one thing though, as Pizza of the Month said, I have trouble finding what I need from search. Maybe this tag cloud could help, but it would have to go back and do every thread. I hate sometimes having a question, knowing it’s probably been discussed many times but I can’t find it through the search bar.

Last edited:
One thing that I would like to see is the ability to go to the next unread thread from the bottom of the page rather than scrolling back to the top.

Last edited:
Do you mean a specifically for the next unread thread as opposed to just the next thread?
Yes that is what i mean. Like the new post button at the top of the page.

Last edited:
I am probably just inept for some reason but I would like an easier way to share pictures in the posts.

Last edited:
@bodegahwy gotcha

@Daddio I changed the “home” button in the top and bottom bar in the Think Tank to redirect to “new posts.” Before it was redirecting to pmq.com and I think that was a bit counter intuitive. We have a couple hundred people in the last few months click “home,” arrive at pmq.com and then come straight back to the Think Tank. So I hope it’s a bit more “homey.” I think some kind of “recent posts feed” on the side could also be good in the future.

@314 I hear ya. It’s not really intuitive. I was always using the picture icon which asks you to put in a URL but I JUST NOW discovered that you can click on “upload a file” near the reply button and it lets you select an image from your desk top! Thumbnail or full size.

Tags should be editable by anyone now. So if you are reading a post and you notice it has no tag, you may tag it.

Last edited:
The forum itself is great but I do agree that the search feature never turns up results that you are actually looking for.

Last edited:
When I first started here a few months ago I searched for particular subjects but after awhile I just read the whole thing…

Last edited:
Claudio and I are trying to figure out why exactly the current search feature is not ideal. I tried a couple of sample searches and when I did that, it seemed like I found the answer I was looking for. Georgiascp, Hometown and Pizza of the Month, can you give me more specifics about what happens when you do a search and don’t get the results you were expecting?

Last edited:
Back