Continue to Site

Fontanini Smack Yums

bennyspizza

has anyone tried these yet?I tried a sample of the popcorn breaded style and they were pretty good!I also tried the colossal with the sweet and spicy sauce .I didnt care much for the sauce,but the sausage by its self is yummy!!I want to add the colossal style breaded,thoughts??

Last edited:
I liked them but I don’t think they would sell very well

They are just selling left overs

Last edited:
Last edited:
First I’ve heard of them too.
My sales people are always pushing Fontanini products on me, and say “It’s what everyone in this area uses” And my reply is typically “And that is the exact reason I will not use their sausage, because everyone else uses the same product, and all their pizzas tastes the same”
Perfect answer to a sales rep that has not taken the time to understand your business…

Last edited:
Ha!! I actually use fontanini sliced sausage topping, but I’m going back to my old method of buying links then slicing them thinly on my slicer. I stopped doing it bc it was too much to worry about. But I’ve noticed no one raves about our sausage anymore so I’m going back

Last edited:
no one has pusshed Fontanini products on us.I saw them and thought in my area they may sell well.what do you mean the are selling left overs jokergerm?

Last edited:
I had the same issue but found out Fontanini has 20 different styles of ssg. I found the sweet ssg to be my favorite.,

Last edited:
I had the rep from fontanini come in and bring some samples tried the breaded meatballs and sausage and I have to say that although i love their meatballs their smack yums were very unimpressive. I think their breading does not taste good at all. they breaded sausage i had to spit out it was gross. I also dont think that these would sell.

Last edited:
we finally got a case of these last week.at $70 for a 12 lbs case they are expensive!!they are good imo,even the uncoated sausage,for pizza is good! I dont think they will make it on the menu,mainly because of the price.the breading is thin,crispy and has good flavor,but not to much so you can taste the sausage. they do have good meatballs,I am going to try the breaded meatballs next. I l believe they put Romano cheese in theirs,which gives them a better flavor imo! I want to see if they have the breaded sausage in just mild/sweet,I think they do.

Last edited:
Back