Continue to Site

Fresh vs Frozen

The_Fat_Boy

I need some suggestions for Fresh sausage, mozz, and any other fresh pizza toppings supplied thru Roma

Thanks Dennis

Last edited:
Fresh Italian sausage is so easy to make in house, and the needed equipment can be a $40.00 manual grinder, or spend a few bucks and add a grinder head to your mixer.

If you want to grind your own, I’ll share a tasty recipe with you.
I get boneless picnic trim in 60# cases and grind that into sausage. My foodcost is under $1.00/LB doing it this way. Labor is negligible because I a;ready have my prep people on the clock

Last edited:
I’m new here. I don’t have my own pizza place but would consider if I could make a decent pizza at home. My problem is the sausage. I’m buying at the local grocery store, labeled pizza sausage and its fresh not frozen. I put it under the cheese on top of the cheese and the sausage has this awful taste, almost rancid to me. My kids eat it though and it doesn’t make anyone sick. What am I doing wrong. I’ve bought pizza sausage at different places and its always the same! Yuck!

Last edited:
just buy some sweet or hot Italian links or roll…much better choice…cook it in advance, chill & slice…freeze the rest…

Last edited:
Back