Continue to Site

garlic pizza base

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

Hi my name is lorraine and i would appreciate your help im looking to start selling pizzas using a garlic base but i need a recipe this is what goes into our batch of dough now 10.5 kg flour, 6 litre water, 16.5 grams salt, 10.5 grams yeast 1/2 pint of oil and i was looking to improve how the pizza rises in the oven ive noticed dominos pizzas dough rises very well they have an even spongey crust, also they do not dock their doug ( i do ) it is very strechy how do they get it like that we roll our dough from the fridge should i leave the balls dough out first thanks for reading this message i would appreciate any help as we a a small family run shop trying to keep our shop open we are very quiet at the moment but dominos and pizza hut still seem to be busy
Many Thanks, Lorraine

Lorraine;
Your yeast level appears to be very low, only 0.1% of the total flour weight. As Instant Dry Yeast, the correct level should be at about 0.375% of the flour weight. If you are using Active Dry Yeast, the correct level would be at about 0.5% of the totasl flour weight, and as compressed yeast, the correct level would be at about 1% of the total flour weight. Also, it is better to allow the dough to temper at room temperature for an hour or two, before you begin opening it into pizza skins. This will also help the dough to spring more in the oven during baking to give you a lighter textured finished crust.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
matthewis8:
Hi my name is lorraine and i would appreciate your help im looking to start selling pizzas using a garlic base but i need a recipe this is what goes into our batch of dough now 10.5 kg flour, 6 litre water, 16.5 grams salt, 10.5 grams yeast 1/2 pint of oil and i was looking to improve how the pizza rises in the oven ive noticed dominos pizzas dough rises very well they have an even spongey crust, also they do not dock their doug ( i do ) it is very strechy how do they get it like that we roll our dough from the fridge should i leave the balls dough out first thanks for reading this message i would appreciate any help as we a a small family run shop trying to keep our shop open we are very quiet at the moment but dominos and pizza hut still seem to be busy
Code:
                                  Many Thanks,  Lorraine
wow, that’s one long sentence

Last edited:
Thank you for your speady reply would you have a recipe for a garlic pizza bace ive bought garlic flavour oil just need a recipe for the dough thanks again lorraine

Lorraine;
For a garlic flavored pizza base use your standard pizza dough formula and add 0.15% of the total flour weight as garlic powder or granulated garlic to the dough during the last 2 to 3-minutes of mixing. Do not add it any sooner or you may end up with an unacceptably soft dough characteristic. Or, you do as I do, and that is to brush the dough skin with olive oil, then apply diced garlic to the skin with a tablespoon and spread it around on the crust, I then apply tomato fillets (drained) rather than a traditional sauce.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
I will try that sounds delicious thanks its very quiet business wise but yet dominos are still busy go figure

Thanks Again Lorraine

48.png
pizzapirate:
wow, that’s one long sentence
[/quote]

Her period key must be broke lol

Last edited:
matthewis8:
I will try that sounds delicious thanks its very quiet business wise but yet dominos are still busy go figure
Maybe something to do with marketing. You may have the best pizza in he world but if no one knows you’re there…

Last edited:
Back