Gease Hood Inspection

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

We are located about 25 miles outside of Cincy. I just received a call from the company that installed our hood reminding me to schedule an inspection within the next 60 days. This was a new installation in a new store. I was told I had to endure twice yearly inspections. Does this sound right? 2x per year and the hood is brand new? It doesn’t sound like they will be doing much & it cost about $150 each time. Anyone?

i get my hood fan cleaned twice a year. Here in NY, it is NY State law. i pay $250 a pop. Insurance requires that they be cleaned.

Last edited:
This isn’t a hood cleaning. It’s just an inspection of the fire supression system. Actually 2. They require 1 every 6 months.

That sounds like it is too frequent. I think the ansul in my last place was only inspected every 12-18 months, and new tanks after like twelve years. Check with your fire department, they should be able to tell you what the rules are on it.

Last edited:
I’m in Illinois and my INSURANCE CO. REQUIRES my fire supression system to be checked by a liscensed co. every six months. Once a year they recharge the system, install new fusable links and inspect the hood. The next time they come in and just do a general inspection.

Back