Continue to Site

Genesis Ovens, by Edge

eupher61

Any comments from users?
Since our preference would be to buy used, is this a better idea?

Thanks!

Last edited:
As someone who is about to purchase a new Edge oven, and has gone through the learning experience of impingement ovens, I would be cautious purchasing used. Used ovens may not have the proper finger profile for your pizza. This is something I learned very quickly in a number of test bakes.

Last edited:
Any comments from users?
Since our preference would be to buy used, is this a better idea?

Thanks!
Given the choice of new Genesis ovens or used ovens I would likely go with the Genesis. What might sway me to used is if I needed more capacity than the 40" Genesis ovens could provide or if I was able to find used ovens with a modulating gas valves for a great price. The modulating gas valve not only saves a lot of money on natural gas/propane costs but is much quieter than an on/off valve. If more capacity is needed, I would recommend looking at the Edge 60’s instead of old, tired Middleby 360’s. They are a bit more money to purchase new but the savings on your utility bills and the peace of mind of having new, reliable ovens will make them a worthwhile investment.

Last edited:
Are these valves the ones that sort of shut down a bit w/ no use?

“…instead of old, tired Middleby 360’s.”

Wow, talk about making ME feel old! 🙂

Last edited:
As someone who is about to purchase a new Edge oven, and has gone through the learning experience of impingement ovens, I would be cautious purchasing used. Used ovens may not have the proper finger profile for your pizza. This is something I learned very quickly in a number of test bakes.
fingers can be easily moved. That’s not a concern at all. But, the Edge may still be the best solution.
Thanks for the comments. I hope more will come in.

Last edited:
fingers can be easily moved. That’s not a concern at all. But, the Edge may still be the best solution.
Thanks for the comments. I hope more will come in.
Speaking of fingers. How often are you guys cleaning yours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I use MM, but once a month we take off the front plates and just sweep out the ovens and the tops of the fingers. We do not remove them, just hand brush them off.

Last edited:
We were doing it twice a year, we opened 6 years ago, and in the last 2-3 years business had really picked up so we’ve moved it to quarterly. We don’t use fryers so everything runs through the ovens. It might be time at that location to do once a month.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back