Continue to Site

Gift Card 2 Location Issue

Crusher

So I am about to open a 2nd location and was running low on my gift cards at location #1. I decided to add the address and phone number for both locations to the cards since they are close enough that customers could sometimes order from one sometimes the other. I am putting the same POS system in at the 2nd store. I ordered about $1,000 worth of cards. And now found out that the cards can only work at the location they were initialized at. The POS hosts the card info locally. I’m now stumped on how to proceed without having to get all new gift cards. I called Square thinking I could put a square reader and Ipad at each location just for gift cards, they require you to buy the cards from them. I called my CC processor and they were no help. I now am down to thinking we would mark each card sold with a symbol that says were it was sold at, then when someone uses it at the other location we would have to call that store and have them run the card, this would work, but would be a pain to teach and an issue if the stores have different hours. I’m wondering if there is a company or software that I can set up at each location that is seperate from my POS and will allow me to get this to work.

Last edited:
I hate to suggest this, as it can be a huge security nightmare…

But, you could setup a remote host program on one computer in each store that is tied to that gift system. Then each store could remote into the other stores Gift system and run it themselves.

Last edited:
Maybe take a look at Mercury pay for card processing?
They allow a “bring your own card” for a fee if you do not purchase from them, they just need to know the number sequence (allegedly)

I do believe point of success has a program named “central,point remote” for accounting stores in different locations, so that and Mercury may be a good combo for this…

Last edited:
Back