Continue to Site

glue!

Rockstar_pizza

Staff member
I scored a homerun with a major hotel today. 400 rooms and by corporate they have very strict guidelines that says NO advertising on door keys no menu’s in the rooms no stands allowed
I had been taking this manager out to lunch, told him I would cater his socials, but all we could come up with was the menus at the desk like everyone else,
Cant flier the rooms because they have corprate checks very often, I dont want to be shut out so I wouldnt do that at their hotel.
To try to shorten this I was calling USFOODS again yesterday and I reached for the Telephone book, as I did I noticed a small flier for an attourney on there and it dawned on me I can glue MY flier on there book
NO one has to know it wasnt delivered that way
THE GM SAID ITS A GO.
so what kind of glue is it they use that comes out real rubbery?
I want it to stick
also I shoul probably not laminate huh!

Last edited:
Some kind of rubber cement is that rubbery stuff (captain obvious), but there are better options I think.

There are those new “hard-core style” post-it notes (that are big and not by the post it company) that stick awesomely to just about everything and are subject to custom printing, they just started appearing around here, if I can find one I’ll get the print suppliers name and stuff so you can check em’ out.

Last edited:
REDBARNPIZZA:
I scored a homerun with a major hotel today. 400 rooms and by corporate they have very strict guidelines that says NO advertising on door keys no menu’s in the rooms no stands allowed
I had been taking this manager out to lunch, told him I would cater his socials, but all we could come up with was the menus at the desk like everyone else,
Cant flier the rooms because they have corprate checks very often, I dont want to be shut out so I wouldnt do that at their hotel.
To try to shorten this I was calling USFOODS again yesterday and I reached for the Telephone book, as I did I noticed a small flier for an attourney on there and it dawned on me I can glue MY flier on there book
NO one has to know it wasnt delivered that way
THE GM SAID ITS A GO.
so what kind of glue is it they use that comes out real rubbery?
I want it to stick
also I shoul probably not laminate huh!
Make sure you glue one over your competitors phone numbers. Eliminate any chances that they will call someone else.

I know why you’d want to use glue in that situation. But you see, I’m a sticker guy myself. We have these round slightly larger than a quarter printed stickers that we use for such things. We have things like ‘Add a sign’ and then list all of our sides. We list new products, salads and anything else that could be an upsell.

Great job ! Way to stay after it !

Last edited:
WOW THANKS I JUST GOT A GREAT IDEA
at staples you can get the full sheat labels that you can print on
I will use that cut down to half sheets
and spray them with preserve it (its a clear coating thats used to preserve ink)
THIS REALLY help spark that idea
thanks again
I will follow up with the response I get in 2 weeks

Last edited:
Or print some color flyers the same size as a UPS envelope…The clear ones used to attach waybills to parcels…They are clear with a sticky back…Then just paste them right on the front cover and/or pizza section of the yellow pages…RCS…

Last edited:
REDBARNPIZZA:
and spray them with preserve it (its a clear coating thats used to preserve ink)
THIS REALLY help spark that idea thanks again I will follow up with the response I get in 2 weeks
Just get the labels that are 2 to a sheet instead. Easier and less fuss. Heck, get some 4 up labels and make it cheaper. Should hold laser preinter ink fine, though a spay glue kind of deal would help them with moisture.

Last edited:
REDBARNPIZZA:
THIS REALLY help spark that idea
thanks again
I will follow up with the response I get in 2 weeks
Brainstorming rules !!! Please do let us know how it goes, don’t forget !

Last edited:
I hope this isnt over kill, but I think I am going to do post it like coupons on the section PIZZA inside the book, as well as on the cover
SHHHHHHH I didnt ask for permission on that

Last edited:
if u have a one sided menu and coupons try hot glue, hotel housekeeping staff will not be your best friend if they have to redo everyday. been in that business. laminate and stick until new book comes out. hope that helps

you need to use glue dots. they are little sticky dots on paper, just peel them off and stick to the book, then stick your menu on it. they can pull it off and it won’t rip the book or the paper menu.

they look like those candy dots you used to eat in 4th grade. you know the ones on strips of paper, maybe 4 or 5 across.

try office max, or office depot, staples…

stick around, i have more ideas…
elmer

There are those new “hard-core style” post-it notes (that are big and not by the post it company) that stick awesomely to just about everything and are subject to custom printing, they just started appearing around here, if I can find one I’ll get the print suppliers name and stuff so you can check em’ out.
I work for NoteAds, Advertising. All we do is Post-it Notes. We have the “hard-core style” Post-its mentioned in this post, they were developed for the Pizza and fast food industries. Let me know if you are interested, I can mail you some samples to test out. Google NoteAds to get to our website, our phone number is listed there. Sorry, I can’t list any of my contact info here until I register (I’m just waiting for my registration to be approved…)
Thanks! - Liz

well what I finally did was I went to Staples and bought the full sheet labels, I made a mini menu/flyer 1/2 sheet
took them to 5 of the 12 hotels. We cant get the phones to STOP ringing
I kid you not. our business this last week has double, (now that being said we also provide free pizza every friday to the front desk and my wife makes them a gift basket on monday (mostly things like candy and cookies from the dollar store, free car washes that we bartered for and free movie passes we got the same way!!!
so far total success

Last edited:
Back