Continue to Site

Grande cheddar blend

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

I plan on using the Grande pre blended mozzerella, provolone, and cheddar, in diced package, on all my pizzas.

Anybody out there used this or have experience with this blend on their pizzas ?

Otis

believe it or not I just sampled that and Grande was better than my Primo gusto cheese BUT not that much better an it was at 25% more!

Last edited:
a few joints back, we used a diced blend from Vistar similar…great thing was it came in a 15# bag - 1 bag refilled up our cheese bin…

I’m now using a 50/50 blend of Grande & Primo Gusto from GFS & am quite happy w/the flavor profile & the bake

Last edited:
Patriot'sPizza:
a few joints back, we used a diced blend from Vistar similar…great thing was it came in a 15# bag - 1 bag refilled up our cheese bin…

I’m now using a 50/50 blend of Grande & Primo Gusto from GFS & am quite happy w/the flavor profile & the bake
thank you,
what kind of Grande and what is the Primo Gusto ?

I appreciate hearing what works for other people and the market.

I like the Grande mozz/provo/chedder blend, but that does not mean the market will…
In questioning my customers, it seemed most did not tell a difference in the different blends.
Otis

Primo Gusto the house brand is from Gordon Food Service…I believe its packed in Wisconsin by one of the big boyz…

Sad 2 say, many pizza lovers don’t care about the quality of products we use in our pies…they only look for the price point…

Last edited:
I think it was pretty good…believe its produced by Saputo now that I think of it…Sorrento is my other favorite…

Last edited:
I used Primo Gusto mozz/prov in an emergency one time, was really pleased with it. It baked a lot differently than the mozz/prov blend I use now, but it still was great, and a awesome ‘cheese pull’ if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
Back