Continue to Site

Grates on Pizza Prep Table

Aves99

At Domino’s I have seen ‘grates’ they have on the pizza prep tables. The ingredients/cheese that falls off the pizza are collected under the grate for re-use.

Can these be purchased? Anyone know what vendor sells them?

Last edited:
The problem with the ones in famouspizzas link is that the widest they sell are 15 inches. If you serve a 16 inch pizza, your toppings fall on the floor. They also don’t seem to sell a catch pan for under the grate.

I had a set custom made for a makeline I purchased from Northern Pizza Equipment. They can have them made as wide and as deep as you like. You could also have someone local weld them for you.

Last edited:
we dont use them…i know it might save on food cost, but I don’t like the idea of collecting for use on pizzas later…what I did use the rails for was to keep the stop the heat transfer for pizzas waiting to be picked on top of my oven…works great, no soggy box

Last edited:
We use them. I would not go any other way. We have three full sheet catch trays. The first is the cheese station. On a busy night, that saves us at least 5 lbs of cheese waste per night. We do get the pepperoni slices out etc from the other trays, but we toss the other stuff.

Last edited:
Back