Continue to Site

Ground vs granular

I have always used granular garlic in a lot of my recipes. My truck just left and they sent me ground instead. Will this be more potent? Do I need to cut my recipes a bit? I have never used it, or even seen it for that matter.

Thanks

Last edited:
You’ll find that you will have more material per volume than with the granulated. If you are using weights, then you should be fine. In my unfortunate experience, 1/4 cup of powder is wayyyy more potent than 1/4 cup granulated. That is assuming both are fresh and dry. Try using “some” then add a little at a time.

Last edited:
I’d say that scale weight measures ought to be good to go. Maybe drop back a half ounce and see. Then again, half the weight . . .taste . . then adjust will make a safe process that will avoid wasting a recipe.

Last edited:
60.png
lilian:
next time use fresh garlic forget the dried stuff
Fresh does not give me the flavor profile that my granulated roasted garlic product does. I also get a much better dispersion of the garlic in the liquid than using the chopped fresh . . . I can use mine in about 12 hours with full flavor while the fresh needs at least 24 to 36 to get to full flavor in my cooler. I don’t plan to start making a salt paste with it so that it liquefies . . . I’ll stick with the granulated as it seems superior in my sauce for this one application.

Last edited:
48.png
NicksPizza:
In my unfortunate experience, 1/4 cup of powder is wayyyy more potent than 1/4 cup granulated.
Wow… I bought granulated garlic thinking that there would be more “lump” inside and therefore more flavor. But your statement about volume makes perfect sense. Air has no flavor.

Last edited:
Back