Continue to Site

Help/Advice Needed...

zpizzaman

Hello,
i have owned my pizza shop for almost two years, we have always been the lower volume of the local independents. This place had a bad history, crappy food/service when we took it over. we knew this going in and took it as a challenge, we took it from $2000 wk. to avg. $4500 wk. we have done very little advertising, mainly word of mouth, boxtoppers, and one mailout. Things arent that bad but i want to take it to the next level. I have taken alot of care to get a system down, weighing, portioning etc. and would like to put it to good use. I want to target a competitor and bring thier customers here. any advice on what works best in your areas. I am in a town of approx. 5000. Should also note competitor is somewhat of a local icon, still, time for the next challenge.

Last edited:
60.png
zpizzaman:
Hello,
i have owned my pizza shop for almost two years, we have always been the lower volume of the local independents. This place had a bad history, crappy food/service when we took it over. we knew this going in and took it as a challenge, we took it from $2000 wk. to avg. $4500 wk. we have done very little advertising, mainly word of mouth, boxtoppers, and one mailout. Things arent that bad but i want to take it to the next level. I have taken alot of care to get a system down, weighing, portioning etc. and would like to put it to good use. I want to target a competitor and bring thier customers here. any advice on what works best in your areas. I am in a town of approx. 5000. Should also note competitor is somewhat of a local icon, still, time for the next challenge.
Are you doing only pizza?

PD

Last edited:
Congrats on doubling your sales in 2 years. I would doorhang your competitors immediate area… or mail out a really aggressive offer in a 1/2 mile radius to that competitors store 3 times in a 2 or 3 week period. Boxtop everything that leaves your store or give all these new customers a bounceback offer.

Last edited:
Make sure you present a professional image with your marketing pieces too.
Get a printer to do full color nicely designed postcards to mail out, and these can also be used for boxtoppers if you need to. Also get full color menu flyers. All of your Drivers should have car toppers (Have everyone working put one on their car… even pizzamakers and other inside help…that way you always look busier and people want to ry the busy pizza place.)

Last edited:

PD
[/quote]

No, we do pizza, seafood, panzarottis, burgers wings…

Last edited:
anyone have any examples of boxtoppers you have done?
any websites with stock photos at reasonable prices?

Last edited:
60.png
zpizzaman:

PD
No, we do pizza, seafood, panzarottis, burgers wings…
[/quote]

Okay. Are you putting those burgers on a char grill? Are you toasting the buns or at least asking the guest if they would like their buns toasted? : ) Have you tried the Maidrite burger? Do you have a nice coated fry with that burger? Or is there a nice variety of Lays Chips to offer? Perhaps a dill or bread and butter pickle? Do you have swiss, provolone, american, etc for cheese options?

Is your seafood fryed in a fryer for the purpose of seafood only? And, is your seafood as fresh as it gets?

Are your wings fresh or frozen? Is there a variety of sauces for them? When you do buffalo, do you always offer blue cheese and ranch?

Do you have a three cheese grilled cheese or maybe a rueben or perhaps a tuna melt? Any wraps in lavash, like a turkey club, chicken ceaser, roast beef, italian, chicken salad, egg salad, ham and cheese, cheeseburger, garden salad roll up?

How are your salads? Plenty of variety of dressings? Nice bread to go with them?

Quality and difference places you firmly above the rest and if you can obtain that, people tell people.

PD

Last edited:
Back