Continue to Site

Help With Oven

sam

I have used deck ovens for 28 years. In the past couple of years we have opened 2 more stores and each of them have conveyors; one I inherited and the other I purchased new. I have no mechanical skills at all. Unlike my decks, these things are hard to get set up to bake right. I am looking for someone in Northeast Ohio who can help me set up an oven so it bakes good. I don’t understand “fingers” and I certainly don’t want to try to take my oven apart. Is there a company in Ohio that works on ovens that knows how to set them up for proper baking. I have some new fingers sent to me by the manufacturer at my new store but I have no idea how to install them. People like me should stick with decks.

Last edited:
Sam, the fingers are the vents for the heat going directly onto your conveyor. They control the airflow, where it is, and how much is on any spot inside the oven.

You shouldn’t have to take the oven apart, but you’ll have to get dirty with it. Did you get the new oven from a local dealer (or, at least, someone who deals personally with you, as opposed to a website-only dealer?) If you dealt with the same company to buy and install, that’s your source for help.

Depending on what make and model the oven is, the manufacturer should be able to send you some info that will help you. It’s not difficult, just a bit tedious if you don’t have experience with this.

That said, you should be able to find someone who can help. If it wasn’t the seller, though, you’ll be paying them. Any full-line equipment dealer should be able to help out, especially a company that deals and rehabs used ovens.

Last edited:
What kind of oven is it? I have a middleby and a XLT. Both ovens you need to take out the fingers to clean it.

Last edited:
Hi Sam:

You state: In the past couple of years we have opened 2 more stores and each of them have conveyors; one I inherited and the other I purchased new.

The company you purchased the oven from should have adjusted the oven to produce the pizza you want.

What make and model oven do you have? From whom did you buy it?

George Mills

Last edited:
by aj453 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:18 pm

I have a MIddleby and a XLT. Both ovens you need to take out the fingers to clean it.

Hi aj. You have to take the conveyor belt out and at least the lower fingers to clean a Middleby But you should be able to give the XLT a fairly good clean out by just removing the front and cleaning out any accumulation of trash from under the fingers. Of course if the lower fingers have an accumulation on the surface the will need to be taken out for cleaning. You can remove the upper and lower fingers on the XLT without removing the belt.
George Mills

Last edited:
Back