Continue to Site

Here is a coupon idea I had never heard of before.....

royster13

Staff member
This morning I get a phone call from one of my pizzeria clients…They were asking if I could print a coupon (good for a slice) on a pencil…Apparently they are going to give them to teachers to give to students as rewards…The coupon will go on the end of the pencil and get “sharpened” off when redeemed…These will be used in the fall and can be redeemed on “pizza day” at the school…I will have to remember to update TT readers later on…

Last edited:
Ehhh…That is a great idea.
I’ll burn that one on my memory chip!
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
Please post a photo of the finished product too. I’m having trouble visualizing how the coupon text/image will be printed so that half the pencil doesn’t have to be ground away when redeeming it.

“Here’s your slice and… gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr… here’s your ‘nub’ back.”

Last edited:
Brad;
You can always recycle those pencil nubs through your local miniature golf course. LOL
I would think you could have the pencils imprinted with the verbage and a colored band printed around the “to be sharpened” end of the pencil, then all you would need to do is to sharpen the pencil to invalidate the coupon/pencil. Does that make sense?
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
A pencil is about 7 1/2" long…The typical screen print imprint in 4 1/2" long…Usually closer to the eraser end than the other end…In this case we are going to do a “full wrap” full colour imprint so the whole pencil is printed…The “coupon” will go on the bottom and be a 7/8" x 7/8" box with the words “free slice”…The box will be about 1/8" from the tip…

http://www.glacierwind.ca/FullWrapPencil.jpg

We are going to use a theme similar to the top design…

Last edited:
brad randall:
“Here’s your slice and… gggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr… here’s your ‘nub’ back.”
thanks man, I really needed a good laugh today!!! man that was funny…

Last edited:
48.png
royster13:
The “coupon” will go on the bottom and be a 7/8" x 7/8" box with the words “free slice”…The box will be about 1/8" from the tip
Okay, that helps! Thank you.

Last edited:
Back