Continue to Site

Hobart M802

Steve

Hello all,

We’re looking into replacing our old century mixer with a Hobart M802.

Any one use speed two for mixing? Or do you strictly use speed one?

Do you ever get a strange sound from the mixer that seems to slow the gears and hook down?

We’ll be using 50 Lbs high gluten flour, almost 4 gallons of water and then some oil, salt and sugar. Will this mixer easily handle it?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I wouldn’t use 2nd gear with 50#. Frankly, I’ve always been warned against using it any time. Makes sense, you’re dealing with a living organism in the yeast, don’t beat it up.
Steve

Last edited:
I wouldn’t use 2nd gear with 50#. Frankly, I’ve always been warned against using it any time. Makes sense, you’re dealing with a living organism in the yeast, don’t beat it up.
Steve
At our other location, we use speed 2 with a Hobart H-600T. We don’t have a problem with it. Fresh yeast for regular dough and ADY for Sicilians

Last edited:
I’ve used an M-802 for many years and did all of my mixing at both 1st and 2nd speeds without any issues at all (all of our doughs were based on 50# of flour weight). That strange noise is something that I’ve not personally experienced but since it slows the agitator down I’m guessing it might be in the clutch.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
I’ve used an M-802 for many years and did all of my mixing at both 1st and 2nd speeds without any issues at all (all of our doughs were based on 50# of flour weight). That strange noise is something that I’ve not personally experienced but since it slows the agitator down I’m guessing it might be in the clutch.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor
Thanks tom. I appreciate the response!

Last edited:
Back