Continue to Site

Hobart v1401 purchase question

readyalready

I am looking at purchasing a Hobart v1401 140 quart mixer for a high volume store. Besides the massive weight difference what other concearns come with this particular mixer?

Last edited:
We have been using these mixers for 15 years. You will love it. We make 160 lbs. of dough at a time. We can knock out 960 pounds of dough in 1.5 hours. You can also use a singe bag of flour(50 lbs.) just as easily.

Last edited:
Other than the size and the cost of replacing the bowl if you ever have to do that, I don’t know of any other concerns to worry about. You will probably not lift the bowl full of dough onto the table to get the dough out. We cut it out in pieces. I used one for years and sold it when I found a great deal on a large Empire spiral mixer. Like perfect pizzas, I did 100 lbs of flour at a time. No repairs the whole time I owned it. But an aftermarket bowl will cost you over $1000 if you ever need one and a new hobart bowl will run over $2000.

Last edited:
The trick to getting the dough out of those large bowls is to first pour just a little oil down the inside of the bowl while mixing at low speed, just a few revolutions is all that is needed to coat the dough in a thin film of oil, then proceed to cut a portion of the dough out of the bowl, the last and largest piece can now be easily removed in one piece. It sure beats digging the dough out of the bowl.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
The v 1401 is an awesome unit.

If you have the need for that size unit you will not go wrong with that mixer

George Mills

Last edited:
Back