Continue to Site

Homemade Fries

Patrick_Fruin

Does anyone make their own fries? We use a Sysco brand/label fry and would like to make them in house. Any tips on how to do it? Or whether or not it’s worth the time?

Also, what COGS % do you expect to get off of homemade fries?

Last edited:
I sell alot of fries… I think. I buy sysco classic brand 3/8 no coating
450lbs a week. If I did fresh fries Id need about 14 50lb cases

We ve done homemade fries before for fun… It wasnt fun though. Pushing a 50lb box of potatoes through the cutter. Then you soak them in 5 gallon buckets to remove some starch drain and rinse. You par fry the fries 2 baskets full at a time for about 2 mins drain and put on sheet pans.
From there you can freeze or keep in the fridge for a day I think.
In the end a 50lb box of potatoes yielded me about 34lbs of fries.
I tought you could just cut them then fry them but they look gross and are still raw eventhough they turn very dark brown in a few mins

Last edited:

Here is “In n Out” making them. They don’t show the full process but from there they - rinse - dry - and fry.

Last edited:
I make fresh fries and it’s not so bad. we slice into 5 gallon buckets and soak overnight. par cook the fries and then cool them and hold them in the fridge. when a order comes in we blast them, season, and serve. we serve skin on and sever the small little bastard cuts too those are my favorite so there is no waist.

Last edited:
I should have said they were excellent tasting fries.

Dont know how well they would hold up on delivery though…

Last edited:
Back