Continue to Site

Hormel Rosa Grande pepperoni

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

anybody use this pepperoni ? Hormel Rosa Grande
I am getting some, advertised to be the traditional style that will cup and char. Just getting bored with same old stuff.
32 slices per oz, .35mm diameter, small…

Otis

Otis Gunn:
anybody use this pepperoni ? Hormel Rosa Grande
I am getting some, advertised to be the traditional style that will cup and char. Just getting bored with same old stuff.
32 slices per oz, .35mm diameter, small…

Otis
I’m always extremely careful when testing a new product because of what you said “I’m bored with the same old stuff”. Because of that, almost anything new that I try tastes better, to me. The thing is, I’m not buying my pizza, my customers are. They may not be bored with my product because they aren’t around it every day like I am. So I always get plenty of feedback from my customers when I try something new. The latest is those plastic grid box liners - so far the feedback is positive, but at 20 cents apiece, it better be!

Just something to keep in mind when you’re experimenting.

Last edited:
I’m always extremely careful when testing a new product because of what you said “I’m bored with the same old stuff”

that’s a good point, I agree, it get boring to us and any change rubs some customers the wrong way.
I am opening September 20th and hope to stick with the same products and “flavors” and be consistent. I do experiment, usually with my dough formula or cheese, and do so a little at a time, so customers do not notice, ala, Dominoes, doing little changes at a time, ironically, I believe Dominos, and maybe other large chains, are more atuned to change that us independents

the Rosa Grande pepperoni looks like something that may separate me fron others…thanks for the post,
Otis

Back