Continue to Site

hotel key cards

Rockstar_pizza

Staff member
so this weekend being the final four I visited a lot of hotels, I saw something really cool, it was a key card that made of card stock outside had the hotel logo on it, back had the instructions and mag strip and it opened up to a pizza place looked great. along the side it said “going green”
UNFORTUNATLY its http://www.keymarketingsystems.com/business.html
they have you get a 1-800 number and charge you 3.00 a call (plus 200 dollar set up per HOTEL)
anyway do you know of anyone doing this type of printing?

Last edited:
Some days I am real slow…Please tell me more about how this thing is made…Is it an envelope that carry’s the keycard?..

Last edited:
I think what Rockstar saw is cardstock folded once to the size of a keycard. The pizza ad was on the inside while on one side of the outside there was the magnetic swipe strip. The other side of the outside had the key lock instructions. The problem with this is you are counting on the user to open the card to see your ad. The second problem is that these will be much more likely than a standard key card to not be reused. Going to need to purchase many more cards which will likely eat up any cost savings over using standard key cards.

Last edited:
I wanted to give you my first hand experience being on the user side of this type of advertising. I go up to Mayo in Rochester, MN. about 4 times a year. The hotel I stay at has had these on their cards for as long as I can remember. Now I know I am just one person…but I am up there anywhere from 2-4 days at a time and every time I will look at that card and see the ad and at least once while there order a take-out or delivery for lunch or dinner. Now, about 90% of the time that I would order this is when I am driving back to the hotel or walking back depending on which Mayo area I was at…and being hungry… either stop for a bite at some place you see… or if tired and hungry… not having a phone book or really not wanting to put a lot of effort into finding a place… look at that hotel key card ad and order. I also found that most of the restaurants that pay for this type of advertising are pretty good. Not sure if it is because of the cost or what…but have not really had a really bad meal off the key card. Just my take on it. 😃 Oh…I do realize this was a little off the post question about types of key cards… but somewhat relevant.

not to get off topic but I have been to rochester as well, cold as #ELL and though everything worked out for me , not so fond memories of the mayo cinic.
I have googled the green hotel cards with no luck, while I am sure I will use more than plastic, it looks like they are set up for single use, they have to be WAY cheaper than plastic and you get what looks like 2 biz card size ad spaces

Last edited:
Rockstar pizza:
they have to be WAY cheaper than plastic
I’m not too sure how much cheaper they will be. Custom printed plastic key cards only cost in the 13 to 15 cent range.

Last edited:
Back