Continue to Site

How come I can not find where to change my signature?

royster13

Staff member
How come I can not find where to change my signature? And how come I can not get to Private Messages?..

Last edited:
I cannot seem to find my profile at all . . . or where to log in except by clicking the REPLY, which forces a login screen.

Last edited:
I have sent a message to Liz and the webmaster asking that they give us some indication as to what is going on with the forum. I would hate to lose this as a resource and am affraid that if the same thing that happened at PT happens here we will all lose out.

Last edited:
We just switched to a new software that encompasses more than just a forum. There are still a few bugs we are working out, we were hoping that this would be more of a seemless switch. In retrospect we should have let the members know that something would be going on behind the scenes, but we thought the process was going to run a bit smoother.

It won’t take long for us to get everything on the back-end ironed out. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email me at [email protected] or [email protected] and me and Hunter will make sure we get everything straightened out for you guys.

Sorry for any little bugs you guys are experiencing, I promise we are on top of it!

–Tim

I had just found my way up through the new interface and down to the Think Tank. Not so bad after you do it one time.

I have loads of patience for the developers. I was in that world for a while in a law firm . . . and smooth development/deployment of software and enhancements is sometimes a toss of the dice in the best of times.

Last edited:
48.png
NicksPizza:
I had just found my way up through the new interface and down to the Think Tank. Not so bad after you do it one time.

I have loads of patience for the developers. I was in that world for a while in a law firm . . . and smooth development/deployment of software and enhancements is sometimes a toss of the dice in the best of times.
We really do appreciate your patience. Between the new site design(almost ready), new e-commerce software (www.pmq.com/xcart) , and the new community software its been a busy month to say the least.

We really hope that you guys get an improved user experience out of all of this.

Hopefully we will be debuting our new site design soon.

Will you be adding a classified to the think tank forum index or keep it separate from the forum itself like it is now? I think a classified section would be really cool.

Last edited:
48.png
steveo922:
Will you be adding a classified to the think tank forum index or keep it separate from the forum itself like it is now? I think a classified section would be really cool.
We are going to keep it separate from the forum itself, the PHPFox software already has a really nice module built in for it, much better than the forum software we currently use.

We are hoping that the Think Tank users will really start to explore the PHPFox software and create their own profiles, friend each other, blogs, and use the classifieds, all out side of the forums and really build a strong community.

This is also a sneak peak for you guys, this is going to be the new look for PMQ.com http://pmq.com/pmqmain.php

We just got that design finalized and are in the process of transferring content as we speak. As soon as we have the full site transferred we will be going live with it. I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

That stinks, I think if the classifieds were in the forum index, like the others, it would get much more exposure and people would be using it more often. I’ve been on here for a couple month and I do often check classifieds for the heck of it, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a posting. Out of all these pizzerias, theres gotta be something people are willing to get rid off and/or something they are willing to buy used.

May I ask whats wrong with the current site/forum? I personally love the site as is. There are other sites out there that made major changes and less and less people are using it cause of that. I believe if its not broke, don’t fix it. I’m pretty handy when it comes to software/computers, but the site seems to be getting a little too complicated/cluttered. Just my opinion though.

Last edited:
48.png
steveo922:
That stinks, I think if the classifieds were in the forum index, like the others, it would get much more exposure and people would be using it more often. I’ve been on here for a couple month and I do often check classifieds for the heck of it, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a posting. Out of all these pizzerias, theres gotta be something people are willing to get rid off and/or something they are willing to buy used.

May I ask whats wrong with the current site/forum? I personally love the site as is. There are other sites out there that made major changes and less and less people are using it cause of that. I believe if its not broke, don’t fix it. I’m pretty handy when it comes to software/computers, but the site seems to be getting a little too complicated/cluttered. Just my opinion though.
You had a good idea about the classifieds forum getting more exposure. We are going to either create a forum that redirects to the module we have, or embed the module in the forum index. Either way your right, we need to have more exposure from it.

Our thinking on the new site was that we wanted something cleaner, more professional and easier to navigate. We spent a lot of time reorganizing the navigation bar to better help the user find what they are looking for quicker. We know you can’t please everyone but we sure are trying 🙂

Also we needed to be able to incorporate standard banner sizes for our advertisers.

I found a “back door”…Someone sent me a PM and when I clicked on the link, the page that came up had a link to my profile…Keep up the good work PMQ…I know change sometimes has it’s challenges but it will be worth it in the end…

Last edited:
60.png
royster13:
I found a “back door”…Someone sent me a PM and when I clicked on the link, the page that came up had a link to my profile…Keep up the good work PMQ…I know change sometimes has it’s challenges but it will be worth it in the end…
Glad you found it, you will notice you can access it were you used to be able to again.

Sorry about that!

Back