Continue to Site

How did you get started in the pizza biz?

almies

Did you buy a an existing place or open your own? Did you know how to make all the extras(calzones, salads, etc) beyond pizza or learn as you go?

Last edited:
started from raw land knew nothing about food biz built it all from scratch what a trip its been lot of trial and error good luck 😃

Last edited:
Saw the local mediocre pizza place for sale . . . . worked for three months learning the business . . . bought it . . . reopened under new and improved management. I have a strong background and understanding of foods, so the building of the menu and recipes was not a difficult task. Now, making the foodservice scale processes always takes a little trial and error.

Last edited:
I ran a delivery service for 16 years and decided the places I delivered for were making less than quality food and knew I could make better. I found a location in the middle of a residential area that was growing and had no competition for at least a mile in any direction.

I started in a new strip mall and built from the ground up (both the business and the store)

I looked at franchises and decided going that direction I would just be buying myself a job. I am now sure that had I gone the franchise route I would not be here today. This is because I have strong opinions and do not like someone telling me how I MUST run my business.

Last edited:
230_2.png
Daddio:
I ran a delivery service for 16 years and decided the places I delivered for were making less than quality food and knew I could make better. I found a location in the middle of a residential area that was growing and had no competition for at least a mile in any direction.

I started in a new strip mall and built from the ground up (both the business and the store)

I looked at franchises and decided going that direction I would just be buying myself a job. I am now sure that had I gone the franchise route I would not be here today. This is because I have strong opinions and do not like someone telling me how I MUST run my business.
Daddio - You are pretty AWESOME!!!

Last edited:
230_2.png
Daddio:

A Delivery service like the one I own? Or a flat rate delivery service?

Last edited:
Some customers were flat rate and others were on a precentage of the order.

Last edited:
Back