Continue to Site

How important are menu boards?

Tony_Maronni

Right now i don’t have a menu board in my store, guests use a 4 color menu that I have from Grande Cheese, looks nice and works to a point. thinking about Grande making a 5 panel back lit menu board full color that would look just like my menu flier. The menu board would be 9 feet by 30 inches. Would hang over the front counter. $750.00 cost. what do you guys think? :?

Last edited:
I would say do it! $750 is not all that expensive and I tried getting rid of my hanging menu boards and just go to hand held and customers just get miffed and I feel they may not be ordering all they could when in store. “Font is too small” is a common complaint. I am building new boards as we speak.

Last edited:
Does anyone use tent cards or pin back buttons to promote add on sales?..Full colour images and some short text can increase sales…

Last edited:
Royster

Im assuming you do pin back buttons? Message me with some info i may be interested in some

Last edited:
BC I will send you a PM…

But I also want to apologize if this came across as a “sales post”…Those that have been here for a while will know my 1st interest is helping out and any sales I get are appreciated but not expected…

Last edited:
we think its INCREDIBLY important.

in december, a project long in the making came to reality for us. we updated our pizza menu board… and id say by quite a bit!

previously we had a back lit aluminum frame, plastic insert 8 panel menu with engraved inserts for the items. these-overly-expensive-to-update boards were complimented by terribly 90’s-ish stock graphics.

for years ive dreamt of a cleaner looking design, that sells the product, not just give the price. i wanted pictures of the pizzas we think are most photogenic, and which are most often confused otherwise. i installed ceiling mounted light fixtures with small flood lamps pointed at the main board. best part about it was that we built it completely by ourselves. it was a fun project and team work accomplishment

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums...10151302023063205_203963516_n_zpsb7e6e0e1.jpg

http://i1019.photobucket.com/albums...4-B059-DE41B6794F51-7137-0000061E76882745.jpg

Last edited:
PizzaJeep…very nice indeed…

We did something similar several years ago, alibet, on the more cost effective side…lol…

As a ‘closet’ graphic designer, I bought a hi-rez graphic/jpg of an old school chalkboard with a wood frame. Had them printed on PVC and hung…was quite happy overall…

Last edited:
would say do it! $750 is not all that expensive and I tried getting rid of my hanging menu boards and just go to hand held and customers just get miffed and I feel they may not be ordering all they could when in store. “Font is too small” is a common complaint. I am building new boards as we speak.
Dale the Pi Man
Blackjack Pizza
Boulder County Colorado
Twitter @BlckJckPzza

Send me some pics when you get your menu’s up Dale. I would like to see what you are setting up

David
[email protected]

Last edited:
I apologize also i didn’t mean to make royster look bad in any way or hijack the thread next time u will use pm myself.

Last edited:
Why not use 46" tvs for that?

We have 2 tvs in each store that we use for a menu board. Just put the file on a flash drive and your good to go

Last edited:
Someone sent me a PM about this thread but I can not find it…Thinking maybe some messages got lost in the transition to the new board…So please re-send you message…Royce…

Last edited:
Back