Continue to Site

How Long Does It Take To Get Online Ordering Set Up?

indie_pizza

For those of you using Point Of Success, how long did it take from the time you called POS and placed your order to the time it went live?

Also, the ordering monitor on my server will randomly lag behind a few hours even though the time on the computer is correct. The order monitor will say it’s something like 1:00 pm, when it’s actually 7:00 or 8:00. Anyone run into this problem before?

Last edited:
When the Order Monitor is behind, the system is not working @ all…quit the prg & restart…

BigHoller did my initial menu, but it is a breeze to set it up…takes a few to get all the menu items to match tho…

Last edited:
Sorry, I meant the future order monitor. When this happens, all regular orders will show up normally, but the future orders will show up hours late.

Last edited:
Does online ordering actually work ?

It’s probably a generation thing, but I’d much rather pick up the phone and speak to a human being, clear in the knowledge that my order has gone through.

Last edited:
Does online ordering actually work ?
It’s probably a generation thing, but I’d much rather pick up the phone and speak to a human being, clear in the knowledge that my order has gone through.

Count me as part of that generation that would rather call the order in. That said, I have reluctantly joined the 1990’s with the technology at my pizza shop. I put in a POS in 2004, got a website in 2009 and added online ordering at the start of this year. Online ordering accounts for $1000 a week in sales so far and is growing. Online orders so far have averaged 14% more than telephone orders. I would expect online ordering to just continue to every month.

Does it work? Yes

Is it necessary yet? I really don’t think so. MOST people will pick up the phone and call you if you do not offer online ordering. You will miss out on the higher tickets, and there will be a few who order elsewhere because they view you as stuck in the stone ages. But as time goes forward, this will be more and more important. I cringe every month when my cell phone bill arrives and my son has thousands of text messages. His generation would rather not speak on the phone to order a pizza.

Last edited:
Back