Continue to Site

How many pizzas in a Blodgett 1048?

crispin

At 47.25" wide x 36" deep inside dimensions, can you get 6 “large” pizzas in an oven like this? At 16", simple math answers part of the question but I want to know if you really need a 1060 or Y600 at 60" inside width to handle 6 pies at once?
Thanks in advance, C.

Last edited:
It is not protocol to put 6 pizzas in a deck oven at one time. The pizzas have to be placed in an area that has not had a pizza on it for several minutes so as the heat extracted from that spot has raised to baking temperature again. At best I would think 4 pizzas in the oven at once in varying stages of completion would be the norm. Good oven tenders know how to rotate the location of pizzas so as not to place one on a spot recently vacated by a finished pizza.

Just because an oven has a larger deck does not necessarily indicate it will bake more pizzas per hour. A smaller oven with greater BTU input may recover faster and produce more pizzas.

George Mills

Last edited:
We can fit five in ours comfortably.

I disagree with George to some extent. Sure the stone cools down a bit once you bake something on it, but we have our ovens at capacity during rush and they all cook just fine. Sure a busy busy Friday things cook a bit slower but overall we don’t have problems.

As for the rotation, the main reason we rotate is so you are not trying to reach over “new” items to get to the older ones in the back. The longer the door is open the more heat you are wasting.

Guest says .As for the rotation, the main reason we rotate is so you are not trying to reach over “new” items to get to the older ones in the back.

GM response. I do not bake pizzas so anything I state is a repeat of what many pizza bakers have told me.

Perhaps some others who bake in deck ovens can expound here about letting the space where a pizza has just been removed recover heat before placing another fresh pizza in that spot.

George Mills

Last edited:
Back