Hungerrush / Revention

RickG

Does anyone have any interaction with the new ownership with Revention? Have they become more customer service oriented, or the same culture and attitudes as before?

I have been a hungerrush/revention customer for the past 7 years. In my experience their tech support side has always been acceptable it is the billing and sales departments that are challenging. So if billing and sales was your problem before it is still the same.

Thanks Steve. I have been using a Revention system for 4 years that I acquired second hand. I set up the entire system myself. When I first set it up, I wanted to add support, WEB and CC processing through them. Sales basically wanted to have me repurchase the software again from them, otherwise they would not do it. I was going to reach out to them again, but it sounds like not much really changed.

I would stay far away. They have been billing us for a closed location for over 2 years now to the tune of over $300 extra a month in fees. Everytime I call they agree that it shouldn’t be being billed, and say they’re working on it. Back in August of last year I was told they’d gotten it fixed, and got one invoice without the extra charges on it. I thought we were making progress. Then Hurricane Ian hit us and I forgot all about it because of dealing with insurance. Just recently found out that, after removing the closed account, they added it back in on the very next invoice under a whole new name. We’re now up to approximately $10,000 in extra charges. Everytime I call they tell me they’re “investigating”.

Meanwhile, we are stuck with them because we process through WorldPay and are billed through them.

Macnicol,

If you don’t mind my asking have you seen any resolution in your lawsuits? How was their reaction / response once you threatened and or initiated the legal action. I ask because I am rapidly approaching this level as well. I am giving until the end of the week for an internal resolution, then will be initiating a BBB complaint as a first step, and finally will move to legal action. Obviously that is a big step because my concern is that, once the legal action is initiated, they will maliciously terminate my services prompting me to come out of pocket big and be down to replace the POS immediately.

Admittedly, my reason for trying BBB is the naive hope that, as some people in other fields have seen success in doing so, it may result in a resolution. The software itself for HungerRush works well, and I’m not exactly looking forward to changing POS 10 years later, losing all our customer data, retraining staff, and starting all over. If I can get a resolution on the billing, hell, even if I can get them to just stop overcharging me, I would stay with what I have. It just doesn’t seem likely at this point.

Got it. I’m going through some of the same stuff with Worldpay not charging us correctly for gift card accounts. It’s a mess to deal with. I wish you the best

Last edited:
I used A-Custom back when I had point of success and that dude was awesome. I actually had pretty good luck with point of success customer service when I used them but there pos just hasnt kept up with others.

Brygid was awesome to deal with. Ben mansuri handled our account, I’d try to get him if possible. We only left because SpeedDine was ready for speedline

I sued them and they settled. Then they turned around and found a ridiculous sentence in the contract and now they are trying to sue me for that. They were not happy about what I did and I have since gone on Texas judicial review and looked at how many other small businesses they have done to also. It is quite a few and that is just the opened cases they have. They are a big company and will try to push you around because they think you will not have the money to continue the lawyer fees, ect. The day I got the letter from them suing me I switched POS systems.

The revention / hunger rush stuff is crazy to me because I don’t think I have ever seen anything written about them that’s positive posted here and I’m not talking about just recently. I remember seeing posts going back years and years complaining about that company. They have some big accounts so its wild that they seem to be so consistently bad.

Back