i am about to sign up with 3rd party delivery vendors. any advise?

Discussion in 'The Think Tank' started by boston09, Sep 18, 2019.

1. boston09

boston09 Member

to be exact - ubereats, grubhub, slice, maybe doordash. please note that its not a thread on if I should sign up or not, I came to yes decision already. my question is - what should I do before I sign up (my google listing I already claimed) or if there is a tactic to negotiate a lower commission rate or if it makes a difference as to who to contact and sign up with first...? my plan is to sign up with 1 first, another next month, another following month..etc. Also... why not pitch to all their customers my own online ordering with a coupon code when they order from mu own website?( stick a flier inside take out bag) I realize that its their loyal platform customers , but if even 10% sign up on my page or load my app - that's a score, is it?! thank for all your thoughts…

2. RobT

RobT Active Member

I’m on most of them. Everything is negotiable. The lowest i think they go is 25%. Just be prepared their links will be attached to your google page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Rico

Rico Active Member

They do more then just put there links on your Google page. Be prepared for them to place google ads to pop up ahead of your website, they will take over your trip advisor page basically anywhere someone would be able to place an order directly from you you will find one of there links there. Your online orders will drop dramatically to the third party sites. I highly recommended you think this over again. I’ve spent the last year working on getting my customers back and I’m almost there. Offering them discounts to your site does not work. I gave out 500 vista print business cards with a 10 percent off and a $2.00 saving in delivery charge offer and got very few redemptions. They start you off at a lower commission rate then they start selling you pitches like you not coming up on the first page at your rate, if you increase it to this you’ll see this amount of more orders per week or we are phasing out that rate the lowest rate you can now choose is. These companies are not here to bring you business they are here to bring your customers to their business.

4. johnnypark123

johnnypark123 New Member

5. KatMan2

KatMan2 New Member

y6Rico,

How do I get a 3rd party (Doordash) out of my hair? I do not have a relationship with them, but am concerned that they are damaging my reputation and, long term, going to cost me business. When performing an internet search for my shop, the first thing that comes up is YELP, followed by a tag and link for On-line ordering (w/ DD symbol). None of this is associated with my site. Below all this is the link to our site. I currently do not have on-line ordering but am working towards that in the relative near future.

i contacted Google, they were no help, told to contact DD. Contacted DD and that went no-where.

6. Rico

Rico Active Member

What’s the name of your place? I didn’t see any links in your post.

7. MPS

MPS Member

Call Doordash directly and let them know to remove you from their system.