Continue to Site

If u had only 1 way to market your shop, what would it be?

pizzatime

It’s crunch time and you have only one choice to market your pizzeria or you lose everything, what would it be???

Last edited:
Re: If u had only 1 way to market your shop, what would it b

Deliver menus door to door on a 5 week rotation…Divide your service area in 5 sections and hit each section once every 5 weeks…

Last edited:

Continue to do what I’m doing now.

Dave

Last edited:
60.png
royster13:
Deliver menus door to door on a 5 week rotation…Divide your service area in 5 sections and hit each section once every 5 weeks…
What he said, only on a 4 week rotation. We have noticed a 4 week life cycle of marketing efforts here in Coweta County, GA.

Last edited:
60.png
royster13:
I am in agreement with you about hitting the homes.

pound the pavement!!!

Last edited:

Just as I said a couple threads down, I would mail a certificate for a free pizza, no strings attached, to every address in my delivery area. Hand addressed!!!

Last edited:

“I would mail a certificate for a free pizza, no strings attached”

…sounds good, is there any less expensive, novel way to do it…
I can’t think of one…
some may not be able to tie the capital up for the necessary time, could pay big dividends…
…has anybody with a big bat, maybe 10K letters done it ?
all redeemed, that would be less than $3,000 food cost,
I think most of us have mad “mistakes” that have cost more than that

…as for me, I am going with the door hanging in my town to begin…

Otis

Me saying 5 weeks and Nick saying 4 weeks goes to re-inforce the idea you have to test to see what works best in your market…How weak or how agressive your competition markets will have bearing on what rotation ends up working best for you…

Last edited:
60.png
pizzatime:
wa dave:
Continue to do what I’m doing now.

Dave
Which is…
Everything I’m doing right now. It’s many things but the question was “if you had one choice what would you do?” My one choice was to continue what I am doing because it is working fine for me. 😉

But really if I had ONE only choice I would go along with the blitz on menus.

Dave

Last edited:

The beauty of this is you can send as many or as few per week as you like. Some weeks I send 100 per day and others I send 15 per day. So far this year I have mailed just over 8000. I get about a 35percent redemption rate, many of these customers order a second pizza or some side items so I actually come close to breaking even on these orders. The payoff comes when that new customer orders 20+ times in the following year.

Last edited:

I see, already doing it some at a time,
I was niave enough to think mailing 10k at one time…not a good idea
way to go Paul, doing it with success,

…BTW, last year in Quartzsite I gave pizza away free the first day I opened, some of those people that can bought many pizzas from me and were some of my best word of mouth,
I see, free, nsa, does work,
Otis

I AM SAVING MY MONEY TO DO A PROMOTION OFFERING A FREE PIZZA FOR A WEEK TO EVERY HOUSEHOLD IN THE NEXT TOWN I OPEN. 1000 HOMES = 1000 PIZZA = $4000. FOOD COST. BUT I THINK IT WILL GENERATE AT LEAST 600 NEW CUSTOMERS, AND I AM SURE THAT ABOUT A 1/3 OF THE PARTICIPANTS WILL PURCHASE A 2ND PIZZA, AND A SIDE, OR TWO. SO IT WON’T HURT AS MUCH.

Last edited:
Back