Continue to Site

Information needed

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

OK, here goes my scenario. I have 3 daughters that are working or have worked in the pizza business over the last 6-8 years. 1 manager of PJ’s while in college, the other 2 are both currently working for different pizza companies while in high school. All 3 are trying to convince me to open a pizza & sub business in our small town of 8000. (Directly on a major interstate) Some question I have that they can’t seem to answer. What is the average ticket sale? What is the average daily ticket count? What is an average monthly revenue projection? Average expenses? I know those ovens require a lot of power to run them, what is an electrical cost? I guess what I’m asking is if I invest $75-$100K in a restaurant, can it support it self? Can a small town (School board, city hall, court house etc all around corner) pizza & sub shop sell $10-$15k a month in food to survive? I’ve been lurking on here for a few weeks now and I have learned a lot. If anyone is willing to share any info I would appreciate it. [email protected]

The sales you need to generate are specific to your area and the costs involved. Its different everywhere.

The first thing you need to do is figure out what your costs will be – rent, taxes/fees, labor rates, insurance, local utility costs, phone, etc. Figure your labor and food costs to be about 50 - 60% of sales. Find out what it actually will cost to build out.

Once you have your costs down you can figure out what your sales need to be to make it worth while.

You really need to do this research yourself in order for anyone here to help you. Otherwise we are just guessing. I’m sure it seems daunting just figuring where to start but its important to just start somewhere – it doesn’t matter where. Doors will open up to you as you go.

Personally, I would not want to open a restaurant in a small town because your upside is severely limited but to each his own.

Last edited:
Back