Continue to Site

Installed a double stack of Edge 60 ovens today.

Daddio

Staff member
They are better than I had imagined. I cut my cook time down by at least a minute and the noise and heat in the kitchen are significantly reduced.

I want to thank George Mills for all the assistance and advice. If you are in the market for new equipment give George a shout.

I am a happy, old, fat, and bald pizza guy tonight.

Last edited:
I am cooking in solid pans. The time is set to 8:45 and temp at 475.

The main thing I noticed with theses ovens as far as operation is there is no temperature fluctuation. My old oven had as much as 12 degrees difference while operating. The temperature would drop 6 degrees below the setting before the burner fired. The burner would fire until it was 6 degrees above the setting. Then the whole process would start again.

Last edited:
48.png
jokergerm:
Where is the oven p**n??

We gotta have pics
Jokergerm, here’s an old pic to tide you over till Daddio posts his: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13460&p=82999&hilit=edge+ovens#p82999

Last edited:
Ive been thinking about the edge ovens and I would most likely buy them if they made a 40" belt

I run MMPS360WB in my high volume store and I just love the wide belt, week nights we can run just the top oven and weekends we need both, we can do a 1k hour per deck just about.

but my ovens are old and tired and kinda ugly, and I know them like the back of my hand, when they break I can figure it out in about 10 minutes and I keep 1 of every part in stock that can break. blowers, gas valves, speed controllers, conveyer drive motors, etc etc

if edge makes a 40" belt some day or would custom build me one I would highly consider it

I see you are cooking in a solid pan which I think is what we use, American metal craft HD pans. We run 495 for 7:30 in the WB I see your running quite a bit slower?

Last edited:
I tried faster at a higher temperature but didn’t like the flavor it produced. The pizza was cooked but just didn’t have the taste. I have heard over and over that time cooks and temperature darkens.

Last edited:
48.png
paul7979:
48.png
jokergerm:
Where is the oven p**n??

We gotta have pics
Jokergerm, here’s an old pic to tide you over till Daddio posts his: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13460&p=82999&hilit=edge+ovens#p82999
I was meaning to ask you back when you installed these ovens. How did you manage the re-tiling of the floor under the oven? We plan on putting in a new floor a 2 of our locations next year but I’m puzzled on how to tile under the ovens without any down time and without breaking the new tiles?

David

Last edited:
Back