Continue to Site

Japanese bread crumbs

P_Lev20

has anyone used Japaneses bread crumbs in there calzones to make them not as soggy? If so does it effect the taste at all? Thanks

Last edited:
I’ve never had soggy 'zones…after you form them, do you put some slits in the top 2 let the steam escape? If you are using a conveyor, you need 2 put in 9 or 10 cuts…

Last edited:
I don’t think Japanese bread crumbs would help any, I think it would just add to the problem. As far as taste I don’t know how it would be effected, but I’m almost positive it would be. As with any sealed type of Pastry/baked item you need to cut small slits so that it can breathe and so that the steam can escape. That is why your calzones are soggy.

Last edited:
Cutting slits is very important but beware of hurting the visual appearance
Japnaese crumbs do not change the flavor profile as far as I have seen. Precooking your veggies will help.

panko bread crumbs for a calzone? good-golly, no!
make sure you are coiking them at a hot enough temp. also, try deep frying them instead. they are called a Panzorati. much tastier.

as jack would say… just trust me on this, i’ll explain later

Try leaving the sauce out. Make a sauceless one, poke it with a fork 4 times, and then spoodle the sauce on the top.

Back