Continue to Site

kinds of pepperoni

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

“The Primo Supremo features three kinds of pepperoni, red onions, Roma tomatoes and shredded parmesan.”

…three different kinds of pepperoni !?!

…with that in mind, anybody out there use a pepperoni different than the ever popular Hormel brand that does not char or cup ?
Maybe we have been spoiled, that pepperoni does so well for so many of us…

I am looking for a pepperoni that will char and cup a little, and not as greasy…
I am going to try the Hormel Rosa Grande, we’ll see.

Otis

I use the Patrick Cudahy Pavone 14-16 size. But I am told that Pavone makes a cup and char size too. I pay a little less than $2.00 a pound for it and the flavor profile is VERY similar to Hormel. Hope this helps!

Kyle

Last edited:
Three kinds is probably the small size we are familiar with, the larger diameter sandwich size (same food/bigger slice), and a spicy-hot or smoked variety.

Last edited:
Or a crumble-style pepperoni - little teeny chunks like you find on some frozen pizzas?

Last edited:
Most pizza joints have at least two types of cheese, some have several. Having a few different brands of pepperoni could be their schtick.

Last edited:
i’m kinda of partial to the Gordon’s Food Service brand pepperoni. i like it, it’s rather inexpensive and has a nice spice to it. not much curling either

just my .02

steve

Last edited:
I have my local butcher shop make my pepperoni asa well as my sausages. I get better quality and no byproducts.

Last edited:
I have my local butcher shop make my pepperoni asa well as my sausages. I get better quality and no byproducts.

…now that’s the best way,

BTW, does your pepperoni cup and char some ?

Otis

Back