Kiosks

Jessica

Has anyone tried using kiosks to for customers to use to place their orders for dine in or to go orders? We find ourselves waiting at the counter for far too long as the customer tries to decide. If you use them how has it worked for you so far?

Last edited:
Hi there,

Why would you wait at the counter for customers who are placing their orders through kiosks?!?
That’s the whole point of the kiosk idea… customers can place their orders at their own pace and within feeling they’re being rushed, while you don’t have to wait for them at all.
Unless the kiosk application you’re using is not setup to work 100 % independently, I don’t see a reason you should wait for them to complete their orders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
48.png

Hi there,

Why would you wait at the counter for customers who are placing their orders through kiosks?!?
That’s the whole point of the kiosk idea… customers can place their orders at their own pace and within feeling they’re being rushed, while you don’t have to wait for them at all.
Unless the kiosk application you’re using is not setup to work 100 % independently, I don’t see a reason you should wait for them to complete their orders.

If I am not mistaken Jessica is asking about starting to use kiosk because serving the customer in person is taking a long time at the counter.

Last edited:
@Daddio Lol! You’re probably right!
I must misunderstood the question.

@Jessica In this case, i’d suggest to visit a few stores in your area that they’re already using the, so you can see it up close.
That would be a good way to estimate if it’s worth the investment for you.

Last edited:
I know a convenience store in the northeast called Wawa and they have used kiosks at their sandwich and deli counters since the late 00’s. I personally tried them and loved the experience. I think if you set it up right, you could probably increase sales, by tying in upsell items and letting people in on what all options they have for customization. Plus it will save you money on having somebody wait for the orders while someone else takes care of currently placed orders. Integration may be the trickiest part, outside of that I see no down side. Good luck.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Kiosks are the future!
McDonald’s has been using kiosks for a couple years now and I love using them, they did it right, easy to use, easy to customize, easy upsells. If youre going to do it make sure you have it working flawlessly from the start.

I think all the Subway restaurants should adopt kiosk ordering, itd be so much easier for the customers and employees to make sandwiches, has anyone noticed how long it takes to get a Subway sandwich if there is more than 2 people ordering it takes forever.

Last edited:
48.png

@Daddio Lol! You’re probably right!
I must misunderstood the question.

@Jessica In this case, i’d suggest to visit a few stores in your area that they’re already using the, so you can see it up close.
That would be a good way to estimate if it’s worth the investment for you.

Yeah, we’re looking into them so we don’t have to wait at the counter on customers but kiosks are very expensive so I didn’t know for a small family owned company if this would be a way to go.

Unfortunately there’s no one in the area I know of that uses kiosks besides places like Sheetz, McDonald’s, etc…
I know the kiosks work for them but wanted to see if it has helped any pizza shops but it doesn’t seem like anyone has gone this route yet

Last edited:
I don’t know which POS you’re using, but I would start there checking costs.
I think if your POS company offers that option, it would cost a lot less rather than looking to replace the entire system just to add kiosks.
You’re also right, so far I haven’t found a pizza shop that has invested in kiosks, not even chains. While I can’t talk for all of them, I can tell you that my customers in Massachusetts & now Georgia, they do like the idea but not that much to invest in it just yet.

An other suggestion would be to look into the new software from Aldelo, the Aldelo Express which is a tablet version and also offers kiosks and cash discount program. The kiosks are not free, but the POS software is free, and comes with free updates, free 24/7 phone support and has unlimited licenses.
They require the credit card processing though through them.

Best of luck in whichever route you decide to go.
Steve.

Last edited:
we use the kiosks at panera bread. we make impossibly altered sandwiches for ourselves and are alway up charged for the random ingredients we add. also, magicly we always get free fountain drinks for using the kiosks. go check em out.

Last edited:
Back