Continue to Site

land lords

has anyone tried to ask your land lord for a lease modification ie lower your rent for a couple months or so…if so how did you handle it?

Last edited:
When I first opened I ask for a break. I told them I would catch up as soon as possible. They were very understanding and I was caught up in about 4 months.

Last edited:
I just did this when I paid this months rent. I told him that business had slowed considerably over the past 6 months and that any increase would be a hardship on my family as well as the business. I asked him if he would consider not increasing our rent for the next 6 months. I have yet to hear a response. I’m will be calling him on Monday and asking him if he recieved my letter. Hope it works in our favor.

Last edited:
I have been re-negotiating leases for clients for years and I’ve been trying to shout from the rooftops to operators everywhere, now is the time to take a second look at your lease and give your landlord a call. Renegotiating your lease is the single biggest thing you can do to, not only survive, but thrive during this recalibration. Don’t be afraid to take control of your business.

Last edited:
Back