Continue to Site

Lehmann...Wow ovens

PIZZAMAGOO

Hi,
Code:
 I noticed that you are interested in trying out the MM WOW oven, and I just wanted to offer that if you are ever near Tucson, Az you are more than welcome to come bake in mine.  They will be installed in about two or three weeks and I am really looking forward to seeing how they do.  My door (oven and store front) is always open!
Take care,
David McGuire

Last edited:
60.png
PIZZAMAGOO:
Hi,
Code:
 I noticed that you are interested in trying out the MM WOW oven, and I just wanted to offer that if you are ever near Tucson, Az you are more than welcome to come bake in mine.  They will be installed in about two or three weeks and I am really looking forward to seeing how they do.  My door (oven and store front) is always open!
Take care,
David McGuire
can Independents even buy this oven right now?? how much are these ovens…??

Thanks
BIg SAl…

Last edited:
I have two of them on there way to my new place right now, so yes you can buy them. In answer to your second question…you don’t want to know!!! I hope they are fantastic because when I saw the price of the Lincoln fast oven I almost cried! LOL! The WOW does at least have a great chance of saving lots of gas as well, so it might make up for the extra cost in about 20 or 30 years! LOL!!!

Last edited:
“PIZZAMAGOO” said:
I have two of them on there way to my new place right now, so yes you can buy them. In answer to your second question…you don’t want to know!!! I hope they are fantastic because when I saw the price of the Lincoln fast oven I almost cried! LOL! The WOW does at least have a great chance of saving lots of gas as well, so it might make up for the extra cost in about 20 or 30 years!
LOL
well it would save me $3000 year in energy according to the site…

but what are they $30,000 each…???XLT may have an answer to this oven for 60% OF THE COST. i HOPE ANYWAY…

Last edited:
“Big SAL” said:
60.png
PIZZAMAGOO:
WOW does at least have a great chance of saving lots of gas as well, so it might make up for the extra cost in about 20 or 30 years!
LOL
well it would save me $3000 year in energy according to the site…

but what are they $30,000 each…???XLT may have an answer to this oven for 60% OF THE COST. i HOPE ANYWAY…
Hi Guys:
I do not have an exact comparison but I believe the Middleby and XLT use the same gas burners etc. so I doubt that there would be a substantial difference in gas consumption. It is obvious that the XLT needing only 120volt electrical service should be $700.00 per deck or less to run per year electrically than Middleby at 220-240 Volt.

I thing the savings in operatingcosts that Middleby and XLT clain are savings over the older models like the Middleby PS360. Those older ovens only burn about 80 % of the gas and have flue pipes that exhaust a large ammount of heat before it bakes anything.

Most all new ovens now have burners that are 98% effficient and do not need flue pipes.

As to oven pricing.The XLT oven was thousands less than Middleby before the wow. I can only speculate that difference has grown.

George Mills

Last edited:
George

In that “other” pizza magazine XLT has an ad for an XLT Xpress oven. It seems to be an ad going after the Lincoln Fast Bake and Middleby WOW market. The use the phrase “WOW, my XLT Xpress oven really has a FAST BAKE!” Is this just advertising the regular XLT, or are they introducing something new?

Last edited:
Quote:
The use the phrase “WOW, my XLT Xpress oven really has a FAST BAKE!” Is this just advertising the regular XLT, or are they introducing something new?
[/quote]

The XLT 3270, as I understand, has an improved fan blade and as I said they make changes in the ovens quite often that improve its operation. The XLT oven of today has many improvements over those produced in the Past. They aparently have taken an opportunity to tout this and some other improvements.

George Mills

Last edited:
George Mills:
Quote:
The use the phrase “WOW, my XLT Xpress oven really has a FAST BAKE!” Is this just advertising the regular XLT, or are they introducing something new?
The XLT 3270, as I understand, has an improved fan blade and as I said they make changes in the ovens quite often that improve its operation. The XLT oven of today has many improvements over those produced in the Past. They aparently have taken an opportunity to tout this and some other improvements.

George Mills
[/quote]

George the WOW has the sensor that senses when the oven is empty and ramps down gas comsumption…does the XLT have this feature??

SAL

Last edited:
Actually, from what I read on the middleby website the WOW doesn’t reduce gas when empty, it stops or slows the blower motor. My guess is their claim to conserving energy is about electricity, not gas.

From http://www.middleby.com/MidCorp/Investo … 0Award.htm:

“It operates by shooting jets of hot air at food from above and below. Operating at a constant temperature of about 400 degrees Fahrenheit, the jets grow stronger when a pizza or sandwich sits on the conveyor belt, and decrease when nothing is in the oven, thus conserving energy.”

Last edited:
George Mills:
It is obvious that the XLT needing only 120volt electrical service should be $700.00 per deck or less to run per year electrically than Middleby at 220-240 Volt.
Not a big issue, but that’s not obvious, and I don’t think it’s necessarily correct. “Needing 220 v service” says nothing about the electrical DRAW of the oven.

Last edited:
George the WOW has the sensor that senses when the oven is empty and ramps down gas comsumption…does the XLT have this feature??

That’s interesting.

It would seem that ramping down gas consumption would cause a temperature reduction. Do they have a solution for that?

I have not heard of XLT having added that type feature. To your knowledge has any other oven maker added that feature? Any Idea of what that added to the price of the ovens?

An inventor of sorts approached us some years ago, prior to XLT, with a simple gadget involving an electric eye on the oven to know when it was empty and cut the oven temperature. It had a control switch that would mount on the prep table The pizza maker would flip the control switch when an order came in so that the oven would be back up to baking temperature by the time the pizza was ready to go into the oven.

That gadget worked but we could not stir up any interest among the operators.

George Mills

Last edited:
George Mills:

That’s interesting.

It would seem that ramping down gas consumption would cause a temperature reduction. Do they have a solution for that?

I have not heard of XLT having added that type feature. To your knowledge has any other oven maker added that feature? Any Idea of what that added to the price of the ovens?

An inventor of sorts approached us some years ago, prior to XLT, with a simple gadget involving an electric eye on the oven to know when it was empty and cut the oven temperature. It had a control switch that would mount on the prep table The pizza maker would flip the control switch when an order came in so that the oven would be back up to baking temperature by the time the pizza was ready to go into the oven.

That gadget worked but we could not stir up any interest among the operators

George…they would be interested now as energy costs are double from a few years ago…and they won;t be heading back…

SAL

George Mills

Last edited:
MM:
George Mills:
It is obvious that the XLT needing only 120volt electrical service should be $700.00 per deck or less to run per year electrically than Middleby at 220-240 Volt.
Not a big issue, but that’s not obvious, and I don’t think it’s necessarily correct. “Needing 220 v service” says nothing about the electrical DRAW of the oven.

You are absolutley correct, the draw or amps is a major factor in electrical costs. I should have been more explicit.

Your electrical company charges you for watts used.

Below is a calculation of the watts consumption between the XLT 3255 And Middleby Marshall PS 555 Xlt draws 6Amps MM 555 draws 12 amps

You will note that The calculation for watts is volts times amps.It follows than that even if the amps draw is the same a 120 volt circut will use less watts than a 220 circut

The Middleby uses 2496 Watts The XLT uses 720 Watts

XLT 3255-TS Middleby PS555
Voltage: 120 VAC Voltage: 208-240 VAC
Amperage: 6.0 Amperage: 12.0
Volts x Amps = Watts Volts x Amps = Watts
120 x 6.0 = 720 Watts 208 x 12.0 = 2496 Watts

George Mills

Last edited:
paul7979
Actually, from what I read on the middleby website the WOW doesn’t reduce gas when empty, it stops or slows the blower motor. My guess is their claim to conserving energy is about electricity, not gas.“It operates by shooting jets of hot air at food from above and below. Operating at a constant temperature of about 400 degrees Fahrenheit, the jets grow stronger when a pizza or sandwich sits on the conveyor belt, and decrease when nothing is in the oven, thus conserving energy.”

Response
Sounds like the answer to a service mans prayers.
George Mills

Last edited:
Back