Continue to Site

Lincoln Finger Choices & Configurations

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

I bought a failing pizzeria in a town of 1,000 about 16 months ago. In a year’s time sales were up 500%. We’re dying, but it’s an acceptable death. We’ve been operating with two Lincolns, an II 1132 and a 1300 series. We’ve been slammed, especially on weekends, and everything gets backed up at the ovens. Consequently, we just found two more 1132s, they’ll be installed in a couple of weeks. Here’s my problem:

I have zero experience in any of this. So, for me, the learning curve is high across the board. I have very much had to depend upon others for information, and fast. That has worked well until I got to finger configurations on the Lincolns. I have no idea what plates are in the two ovens I have been using. Same goes for the two new ones. I have tried to identify them, but to no avail. I do know that the plates in the two new ovens are different from my original 1132. As far as I know I am happy with the bake I am getting, though, I think it’s probable, since I do not know what I am doing (and the people that owned the place previously knew even less,) that things/baking could be better and I do not even know it. I do know I cannot easily live with a bunch of ovens all configured differently (and not to my application.)

I live in Oregon, and so far, I have not been able to find any service organization that has any knowledge in dealing with this. What I get on the other end of the phone is “we’ll try and take a look – I am sure we can figure something out.” OUCH! What should have I in those ovens? Who can be called? Is there a short list of standard options to consider? How do I know if I am getting a best-bake, or at least a good enough bake? My other, full-time job doesn’t allow me to spend years figuring this out (especially if those ovens are supposed to be ready to go in a couple of weeks) which makes it all the more frustrating that I am not finding answers.

Of course, I have never asked here. 🙂 If you have any thoughts I’d certainly be thrilled to be pointed in the right direction.

Terry
www.coburgpizza.com
Coburg, Oregon

Don’t know if this will help or not, but call PESI (Pizza Equipment & Supply) www.pesi.us. I bought my Lincoln from them and they rebuild them. They might be able to give you some advice or knwo someone in your area to recommend.

Last edited:
Back