Continue to Site

Line revamp done... whew! Y600's, grill......

crispin

I just spent two days home from my day job installing a stack of new Y600’s, a new 6 burner stove and a used Bakers Pride char grill (and doing a bunch of other stuff…).

A note on used equipment: With the Y600’s, we took delivery of a used 6 burner Garland stove and the BP char grill. My wife had looked at the 6 burner but it was dark. She trusted the guy that the stuff was reconditioned and tested… NOT. The 6 burner was a $750 POS. Broken pilots, pilot parts missing. A pilot line broken and hanging inside. It had a thick coat of stove paint on the top portion which combined with the grime, had clogged most of the burner holes. My wife threw it on a pickup and drove it right back to the place for a refund. The guy was an a-hole. The grill wasn’t much better but I spent 3 hours cleaning the whole thing and clearing the pilot valves so the pilots would work. On the way home, she stopped and bought a new 6 burner for $2,000…

We’re new at this but have been burned before and we still didn’t learn. You must inspect every part of used equipment and don’t believe anything you’re told!!

The good news: Our restaurant is finally equipped like our business plan called for and not because of getting deals and taking equipment because it was convenient and/or cheap. Yes, we did have to spend a ton of money in the last two days but we have a 50,000 motorcycle rally (Americade) in town right now and Summer is coming… And, people LOVE our pizza! An older couple was in the other night and said it was the best they EVER had. That makes you feel good…

Repeat these words- We love this business, we love this business, we love this business…

C.

Last edited:
No matter what you will always pay some “Fool’s Tax” .

Glad it has worked out for you.

Good luck.

Dave

Last edited:
Back