• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

any body out there doing the LC thing $5 pizza

was thinking of opening a shop in a college town of about 25k

no LC there would just copy the concept

thanks

One of my staff aske me to make a $5 pizza to see what it would be like. So I cut back on the cheese and the pepperoni to where the F/C would be at 40%. It was better than LC’s but not what I would want to be known for. I cater to those who put the taste of their pizza above the price.

Last edited:
We did 5 dollar pizzas one night a week thru march. What we didn’t do was skimp on the toppings. We made them just like we usually do and boy did we get slammed. Lots and I mean Lots of new faces… which for us was the point. Create a buz and it did. We will know in the next few weeks if they have returned.

One thing which did worry us was now they have to buy the same pizza for more so we thought of another clever special to put the focus on instead of no we don’t do the 5 dollar pizzas anymore. Seemed to work last thursday… time will tell.

One more note… the only hope we had when doing the 5.00 pizzas was suggestive selling something in addition. More than half of the 160-180 $5.00 pizzas we sold bought something else.

Overall it was a great experience, my cooks are alot stronger and hopefully my new found customers will return.

several yrs ago, ran a college pie store…did the $5 pie thing…grossed $35-38K/mo…

recently, (another place) did an 18" $9.95 cheese…almost as successful

Last edited:
I DO LARGE PEPPRONI OR CHEESE FOR 4.95 …DUE TO LITTLE CEASER RIGHT ON ACROSS THE STREET FROM US…AND PIZZA PATRON ON OTHER SIDE OF STREET… WE DO OK ON SALE WISE…AND WE ARE ONLY CARRYOUT PIZZA FRANCHISE… LAST YEAR I DID $ 4.OO FOR ONE TOPPING WHEN WE OPENED UP FOR UP TO 4 MONTHS WE WERE GETTING LOTS OF LC S CUSTOMER …THATS WAY I STARTED TO BUILD MY CUSTOMER BASE…IT IS ALSO LOWER MIDDLE CLASS AREA WERE ITS FULL OF HISPANICS POPULATION WHERE ITS PRICE CONCIOUS…WHEN I TOOK IT TO $ 4.60 THEY HAD BIG PROBLEM AND NOW TO $ 4.95 its still problem with them …my regular price is $ 5.95 on one topping…so I AM PSSSING A SAVINGS TO THEM…OTHER PROBLEM IS WE DONT MAKE IT TILL YOU ORDER IT.TO HAVE FRESH HOT PIZZA.SOME PEOPLE WANT TO PICK UP NO WAITING THEY GO ACROSS STREET TO LC AND WILL GET CRAPPY OLD PIZZA. MAKE MY BLOOD BOIL TO SEE IT…

Last edited:
Just my observation:

It was my honor to introduce the XLT oven to Little Caesars; Just as they were launching the $5.00 pizza.

I believe it has contributed to the phenomenal success of many franchisees

If you intend to emulate the success of the $5.00 Pizza you will need a very, very, large amount of production capacity.

Be advised, price is the atomic bomb of business, assuming you have a fairly acceptable product.

George Mills

Last edited:
George,

I enjoy your comments.

What brand is the XLT oven? They have used MMs for years that I can recall.

I lean towards your view…if you can make a nice living putting out product, why not?

Its like comparing McDs and a place like Red Robin. Both sell burgers, McDs makes a killing on volume, Red Robin sells less burgers but makes more on the markup.

Who cares how you do it, making a profit and having a good time is what matters.

Back