Continue to Site

Little Ceasars Really who does it

The_Fat_Boy

What to try and get an honest answer here dont worry about all the negative feedback from others like “my pizza is worth more than that”

who here actually does a $5.99 c/o pizza and are your portions less than your regular priced delivery pizzas

was thinking about bringing it back for a grand opening special for our 2nd store for about a month

Last edited:
I’d consider doing something like that for an opening special (making sure it was clearly advertised as that, or even coupon only).

Its such a big difference from my normal price point that I’d have a hard time justifying the price difference to my normal products and in that way it would be counter productive for me to do it as an established company.

I’d only do it for c/o of course and would probably limit it to 1 or 2 toppings.

Last edited:
if they ordered 6 would you not deliver it and why would you limit it to 1-2 toppings only the more they add the more you make

do you do package deals

like 3 for $25 or anything like that

thanks

Last edited:
Sorry my 5.99 would be a 1 -2 topping, of course I’d allow to add more toppings - I say ‘would be’ but I ain’t doing any time soon I’m only ‘supposing’ in answer to your post.

My issue is around damage to my existing price line. I simply wouldn’t even consider it, other than as I say a very special one off, with coupon. It wouldn’t be a large either.

I do run BOGOF from time to time but that different as I get more than twice the revenue of say $5.99, I only do it coupon, its only on large only and I only do it when I’m normally quiet. Whilst I take a hit on my food cost by 3-4% I’m busier than without doing it (bearing in mind its my quiet times) and it saves me having to reduce everyones hours. The customer still see’s the normal price point and is used to that. Much different to do BOGOF than a pie for say $5.99.

I do a few different packaged deals. Normally buy 2 get one free or buy one get on half price. We rotate the offers every now and then to give people something new.

hope this helps.

Last edited:
Thanks Wizz

the bogo might be the way togo didnt even think of that it still keeps my price point there and still produces volume thanks

Last edited:
if you’re going to do BOGOF as a permanent thing you may want to push your normal prices up a bit. Better to to BOGOF with a $16.99 price tag (for example) than a $14.99 price tag.

Also consider:
  • buy one get a second for just $1 or $2.
  • Buy any Pizza and a side and get a 2nd pizza free.
  • buy one get one free - c/o only add $x for delivery.
As I say I only do this in my quieter months (and as a result they ain’t quiet) and I use coupons. I know I have a batch of customer who only use me when these coupons are about but as they are making my otherwise quieter times busier I’m more than happy.

Good luck!

Last edited:
The problem with going at such a low price is getting the price up again.

If you use it for an opening special you will draw bottom feeders who only buy at that price and others will walk when you go to your normal pricing. It’s hard to gain acceptanceto raise prices from a low start prices, but easier to lower prices from a higher start.

If you wanted to do an opening special I would look at a bundled deal or BOGOF.

Sorry but I can’t see any value in bastardising your pricing at start up time. You can’t sustain the price point and probably wouldn’t have the volume, buying leveragea nd support like the chains to stay at a low price point.

Dave

Last edited:
Wizzle Wassell:
buy 2 get one free
How does this special do for you?

We currently do a two 1-topping pizzas for one price that sells okay considering we don’t push it at all. I was thinking about trying to push a buy-2-get-1-free with families. It would have a selling point about $6 higher than my 2-pie deal and a margin about $4 higher. However, I worry that three 12" pies would be too much food. Still, it seems that Domino’s did fine with it back when it had the 5/5/5 deal.

Last edited:
not that many people order 3 pies so it isn’t a great offer. The only way it works is if people go for a smaller size i.e. they used to buy two large (on buy one get on half price) then go for 3 medium (buy 2 get one free).

I just use it as something ‘different’ to put on the menu’s or as a box topper sometimes. In my experience having something new product/meal deal/offer etc and advertising it always helps bring in business even if that particular thing itself isn’t that popular.

Last edited:
We do a $2.99 ready now, Medium (12") Pepperoni or Cheese pizza Monday. We sell an average of 700 plus per store- (on top of normal Monday Sales) It has made Monday the best selling day of the week- food is high- labor craters. It is a lot of work, best thing I have done in years- we like not having many phone calls.

Last edited:
2.99 for a 12" you’ve got to be kidding, I doubt even the big 3 could make any money at that rate, that’s gotta be well over 50% food cost. If you’ve a name for cheap food then maybe but IMO you’d have real trouble telling someone its costs $10 the day after when you’ve sold it for $2.99 the day before.

Last edited:
Back