Lloyd Pans made to order?

noreason

I placed an order about 3 weeks ago for a single hearth bake disk to test out and it finally arrived today. Just wondering if this is a pretty standard thing for them? Seems pretty weird that they had to manufacture it to order. Figured they’d have at least one disk laying around somewhere…

I want to try a quik-disk next and if i would have known how long it takes to get something i would have ordered both at the same time… oops… So much for getting the disks before the weekend!

I guess I’m spoiled in todays world of e-commerce with places like zappos or amazon doing same-day/next-day crazy fast shipping. It makes 3 weeks seem like an eternity.

Last edited:
I did the exact same thing about 8 months ago. I ordered one hearth disk paid alot to ship it, waited for a few weeks then recieved it.
I ordered a bunch of quick disks 17” awhile back (3yrs ago) used them once.I could send you one

Last edited:
I had ordered all of my pans from them about 2 weeks before we opened last year. Then I got a confirmation email saying they would arrive in 6-8 weeks. I called and cancelled the order. It doesn’t seem like anything even listed on their site is kept in stock. No thanks. That’s like calling me for a pizza and me saying it’ll be ready tomorrow.

Last edited:
While I can’t comment on how they inventory their products, I will say their quick disks are a phenomenal product when compared to a typical screen. I can remember having to constantly reseason screens on a weekly basis and still have pizzas stick on a nearly daily basis. I can’t recall more than a half a dozen pizzas sticking in the 10 years since I moved to the quick disks. Plus I still have the bulk of the disks I purchased 10 years ago in use, where as we would have replaced the screens a dozen times over or more. There might be other products out there as good and possibly cheaper, but they sure beat screens. Well worth the wait in my opinion. I know at least one of the big restaurant supply companies sell them, Maybe it’s worth it to see in they stock them. Check with Katom and Webstaurant.

Last edited:
I had the exact opposite experience, paul. Never had any sticking w/ screens and while we did season, never had to re-season. I had nothing but massive sticking problems w/ Lloyd disks.
I rarely replaced screens- a few here and there but they lasted forever- as in many years.

Last edited:
I think it just comes down to your product. I have screens that are over 10 years old and have never needed to be reseasoned. I have used the discs a few times over the years but i prefer screens.

Not saying one is better over the other, just it depends on what your making and how your making it.

Last edited:
Agreed… find it funny, though. Not sure if it’s the dough… maybe store temps, cornmeal vs flour, procedures,
etc

Last edited:
we got our pans after about 5 week so yeah it seems they don’t keep an inventory. they have been amazing! nothing sticks and actually cut down our cook time on deep dish pizzas by about 8 minutes. I cant say good enough things about them

Last edited:
I needed more pans in a rush so I called LLoyd Pans to see what they had in stock. I had the pans 4 days later and one of the days was due to the border inspection folks. I think they have certain items that are standard stock and ready to ship.

Last edited:
Mine usually arrive in a couple of weeks, but have been longer at times. We switched to the Quick Disk 5 years ago and they have worked great. I still have all my original disk but have had to add more to adapt to higher volumes. For screens 6 months was a good lifespan, the Quick Disk are already 60 months old now.

The bake is far superior and much more consistent.

Last edited:
Back