Continue to Site

Loaded Potato pizza

NicksPizza

We are trotting out a new concept pizza (for us anyway) that we all calling a loaded potato pizza.

It will run me about 225 to 26% food cost, and has as its sauce base, my parm/garlic cream sauce with powdered sour cream blended in. It really is an interesting sauce when done. I chose to try that powdered route since I don’t expect a high volume of sales, and sour cream is quite perishable. I can keep a pound of the powder around, and make my sour cream sauce base whenever I need to using the Cuisinart. Before anyone cries “foul” and carries on about fresh products . . . this is the flavor profile I am looking for, and the texture I want. So, no fresh sour cream ni this particular recipe.

Mozz/prov on bottom, lots of diced cooked potato, shredded bacon, and cheddar cheese on top. I may go into chives on top when we cut it, but not sure yet. Anyone else have a sure-fire “baked potato” kind of deal they sell like hot and ready pizzas?

Last edited:
Hey Nick,
There’s an outfit just north of you in Peachtree City and Newnan called Partners Pizza. They have an outstanding Potato Pizza on their menu. I haven’t had it for years, but it may be worth looking into.

FYI, I live in CA now, but lived in Newnan for three years.

Last edited:
I have to try a creme sauce. I use a light touch of marinara right now. That creme sauce you describe sounds perfect. After the bake…try sprinkling on some broccoli florets along with the chives. Superb pie.

Last edited:
We have a pizza that has an olive oil base…Light dusting of black pepper and parmesan…cover with a light serving of mozzerella…lay out slice on potatoes (irish nachos)…top with shreded bacon chopped onion and mozz and cheddar on top…on of our biggest sellers.

Last edited:
I’ve seen Perogie Pizza in Pittsburgh before. Garlic mashed potato base with cheddar cheese and bacon on top. I never got to try it though.

Youinzers love that kinda food.

Last edited:
We do a potato pizza and everyone loves it.

Potatoes, Sour Cream base, Cheddar Cheese, bacon and sometimes we garnish it with chives.

Last edited:
Back