Continue to Site

Location for take n bake location

Maset54

I was wondering which would be a better location to open a take n bake location. A residential area or the busy shopping area? The residential area has about 20,000 people within a 10 mile radius. The business area consists of the local mall,walmart,target,lowes,home depot,The electric company,local hospital and several small shopping centers. Both are on a well traveled highway.

Last edited:
It doesn’t look a good site, as it had a population of 27,000 on Friday when you posted :roll:

did 7,000 move out over the weekend?

Last edited:
Hi Maset:

Some interesting things I have been told.

Many Papa Murphies are located near low income housing as take and bakes can accept food stamps whereas regular pizza shops cannot.

Homemade pizza in the Chicago aria does gourmet pizzas and locates in upscale neighborhoods .

George Mills

Last edited:
I’m going to recommend the residential area. This is mainly based off personal preference. If I am out doing my other shopping at wal mart and what not, I’m not usually buying perishables so I wouldn’t want to have to consider that. But, if I am on my way home from work to my house and there was a good place to get a pie to bake, I would stop in. Hope this helps a little. Good luck with everything and keep us updated.

Last edited:
I should also mention that the location I am looking at is on our major highway. It is also located about 2 miles from the state line where a good majority of the people from that state come past to head to and from work.

Last edited:
48.png
Maset54:
I should also mention that the location I am looking at is on our major highway. It is also located about 2 miles from the state line where a good majority of the people from that state come past to head to and from work.
Are you on the side of the highway that is to work or from work? I can see that being a big factor. If they have to cross the highway on the way home to get to your store the likelyhood of them stopping drops a bit.

Last edited:
Back