Continue to Site

Mac and Cheese

TommyTwoTone

I am kinda stuck… I am in need of an amazing mac and cheese recipe asap. I have a school lunch account that is requesting it this week. If any body can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys and gals!!!

Last edited:
Tho it may sound odd or not up to the “purist” standards I’ve had great success in the past using Trio (brand) dry cheese sauce - you can adapt it and add your own cheddar or mozz 2 give it a signature touch…the ease of use, finished cost & the final product are hard to beat

Last edited:
I have honestly been overwhelmingly surprised at the type of product that can be produced with powdered ingredients. Just recently we switched to a dehydrated aujous sauce… It is way less expensive, easier to hold, no prep and tastes amazing…

keep the input coming… I am in the mood to test recipes…

Thanks

Last edited:
per pound of pasta i use 1 stick of butter melted, 1 quart of whole milk, 1/2 pound of sharp cheddar, 1/2 pound of monterey jack and 1/2 pound velveeta. boil pasta el dente, melt butter add milk bring to a boil turn down to simmer and cheddar and monterey melt add pasta and then add the velveeta cubed small and mix well. bake in the oven to desired doneness (at least half an hour at 350)

this has gone great whenever i have done it

Last edited:
Not sure what you think of this but I use Stoeffer’s Mac and Cheese. I get the big ones in bulk, then crumble bread crumbs on top of it and bake it. It comes out quite awsome and is what alot of people think of when they think of commercial Mac and Cheese and not a home made creation. Just a thought for you.

If you wanna try it just goto a grocery store and buy one of the small containers to give this a try and see what you personally think of it. It’s only like 1.50 here for one of the smaller ones, would be good enough for you to try and see if this is something you would be into.

Last edited:
We make alfredo to order, so we just start off with our alfredo and add a slice or two of cheddar to it. It really rocks!

Last edited:
Wow…

Those are some great ideas… I like the Alfredo Idea… We already have Alfredo so it would not be hard to add…

The one with the stick of butter sounds good but time consuming… great for a good price… but we need to sell these in bulk…

Any other ideas…

Last edited:
we have a VERY inexspensive recipe that is soooo easy…and the kids love it…we just mix canned cheddar (you can get them from sams…costco or GFS…) thow a little parm and bread crums on top and they love it…so so easy

Last edited:
Back