Magnets on phonebooks

• Thread starter Thread starter system
  • Start date Start date
S

system

I have the opportunity to place a magnet on the front of one of the phone books in our area. I can get it to about 1/3 of our delivery area (11,000 homes) for about $3,000. Has anybody tried this before, and if so what were your results?

If not, what do you think of this marketing? It’s a little bit more expensive than direct mailing them to homes… but it also guarantees that EVERY house in the area will see it.

I have had several clients do this with results that varied from “crappy” to “spectacular”…At 27 cents a home that is a pretty hefty price per house…Ask yourself what else you can do for $3,000.00 and will it have a better or worse return on your investment…

For 27 cents can you reach the same homes and include something else with your mailing…For example say you can reach the same house for 15 cents each…Then you can use the extra 12 cents for a promotional item that can be claimed by redeeming a coupon in your mailing…If you figure 1 in 10 will be redeemed that gives you $1.00 for a promotional item…A popular redemption item is a magnetic memoboard…

Advertising is always a crap shoot until you have tested…And sometimes you fail the test and have to try a different route…

In any event, good luck…

…RCS…

Last edited:
Back