Magnets!

Wizzle_Wassell

I’m always looking at different advertising/promotional stuff but have never done magnets.

Before I take the plunge has anyone got any anecdotal evidence that magnets actually increase sales?

Last edited:
Wiz

While I do not have any evidence that they will increase sales, I would suggest you look at your own fridge and the fridges of a few employees or friends. Do any of them have magnets on them? Not only are they an easy way for your customers to find your number(shouldn’t it be easy to order from you?), but it will keep your customers from looking for your number in the phone book or advertising magazines where they may get distracted with another ad. And what about those times where they look in the fridge trying to decide what to eat for dinner and your magnet is staring them in the face on the freezer door. They only cost 8 cents each and I believe adding 8 cents to your cost of every order will go a long way towards building your business.

Last edited:
Paul:

Do you have coupons on your magnets, similar to monster magnets, or do you the basic business card magnets?

Last edited:
My phone rings

When we first opened we missed the deadline to be in the phone book for the first year. We made sure our magnets landed in the customers hand and the phone is still ringing…so good enough for me.

Kris

Last edited:
Advertising is always hard to measure and results vary…

Top 5 Reasons Magnets are good in this economy…
1 - More impressions than any other promotional product…1,000s of impressions for just pennies…
2 - Can be completely customized…
3 - 1,000 to 1,000,000 can be done with fast turnaround time…
4 - Magnets last almost forever!..
5 - Can fit every budget…

Some of my clients do a special offer and go door to door to deliver them…
Some of my clients hand them out at parades and get a spike soon afterward…
Some of my clients allow their customers to save so many magnets for something free…
Some of my clients give one out with every order and have several designs…
Some of my clients order a 1,000 and never use them up and others order 25,000 every few months…
Some of my clients split their magnets and/or memoboards with another restaurant to reduce their costs…
Some of my clients get “co-op” money from their suppliers…

I guess I did not really answer the question…Because magnets, like most forms of advertising can be hard to measure …But I am really interested in the discussion that will follow…

Last edited:
I can say without a doubt, I really like the post card size for businesses, I can say 100 percent that they generate revenue. I can also say that the fridge magnets keep us atop peoples mind and the number in front of them.

Last edited:
does anyone know of a good place to get them from… a cheap place of course

My U$ website is www.MagnetKing.biz

However, I do not have a “cheap” product…My magnets are 25 mils overall thickness, full colour offset printing and a mylar lamination to protect the magnet and increase longevity…Samples are available upon request…You can see a link to my “Business Card” magnet pricing in my signature…

PS…I typically do not head to my local “cheap” pizza store because I want something better than what they offer…

Last edited:
Back