Continue to Site

Mail Shark Update

josh

Hello Everyone,

Josh from the Mail Shark here. I wanted to update everyone who is a part of the Think Tank community with a few things that have been the topic of recent conversation here at the Mail Shark (http://www.themailshark.com)
  1. QR Codes: We rolled out the implementation of putting QR Codes on our customer’s direct mail pieces. If you are not familiar with what a QR Code is, (it stands for “Quick Response”) it is a mobile phone readable barcode that’s been big in Japan forever, broke into Europe a while back, and is now getting traction here in the US.
    Ultimately, the point of QR codes is to instantly deliver more information about your business to your customers. We can link the QR code to a number of things (See List Below).
    I feel so strongly that every pizzeria should be utilizing this technology that I am offering to supply one FREE QR Code to anyone who is interested. Just send me an email ([email protected]) or give me a call at the office (Direct: 484-948-1611). I can also tell you how to create some additional excitement with QR Codes.
    List
    Plain Text
    Website URL
    Telephone Number
    SMS Message
    Email Address
    Email Message
    Contact Details (VCARD)
    Event (VCALENDAR)
    Google Maps Location
    Wifi Login (Android Only)
    Paypal Buy Now Link
    Social Media
    iTunes Link
    YouTube Video
  2. We are very excited to report the tremendous response that our customers are receiving from our Direct Mail Scratch-Off Postcards. We all know how well Direct Mail menus work and that they are at the very top of the food chain with regards to response rates. However, we are receiving feedback from multiple customers (Chains & Mom & Pop Shops) that our Scratch-Off Postcards are out-performing their menu mailings. If you are interested in samples, pricing and how we can create an exciting Scratch-Off Postcard campaign for your pizzeria, feel free to contact me at your convenience.
  3. Finally, I wanted to share with everyone a rather new product/program that we are offering. We recently rolled out a Turnkey Box Topper Program. Typically printers will try and sell their customers larger print jobs than they actually need. This creates a situation where the pizzeria owner ends up with more product than they will use in a short period of time. eg. You use 1,000 box toppers per month, however, you order in quantities of 5,000 – 10,000. In this scenario you would be putting out the exact same advertising for 5-10 months with no flexibility of changing your marketing material. Our program is designed to do the exact opposite. We send you only the quantity of box toppers that you will use within a one month period. We will then send you that designated or an updated quantity every month. This allows you to change your design and coupons every month to ensure you’re always topping your pizza boxes with fresh and relevant advertising.
The bottom line is that this is the best box topper program on the market. It’s consistent, cost effective & it works. There are a ton of other features of this program but at the risk of getting long winded, I will reserve any additional information until requested.

I look forward to hearing from anyone that has any questions at all. Thanks for your interest and time.

Josh Davis
Vice President Sales
Direct: 484-948-1611
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://www.themailshark.com

Last edited:
We had a great response on the mailshark’s scratch off postcards. One of the best response rates we have seen in years!

Last edited:
can you elaborate on the win pizza for a year or the 100.00 dollars? seems like that could shoot my profit margin right in the foot!

Last edited:
With our 10,000 scratch off mailers we set it up so that everyone was a winner.
3000 people won an order of wings
3000 won an order of garlic rolls
2000 won an order of pepperoni rolls
1999 won a 12" one topping pizza
1 person won “free pizza for a year”

We defined free pizza for a year as 52 Large one topping pizza gift certificates. Our food cost on this is in the neighborhood of $150. The hope is that this person will be so excited about winning, they will be sure to tell all of their friends and neighbors and they may even give some of the gift certificates out to friends and family and we may have a chance to convert more people to be our customers.

So far we have had a 6% redemption rate with an average ticket of $15 on the scratch offs redeemed. They are still trickling in on a steady basis.

Last edited:
Back