Continue to Site

Mantague Pizza Ovens/etc

James2

Maybe I’m not paying attention, but I rarely hear of these when deck pizza ovens are discussed. Saw those pies from Pizzeria Beddia (posted over on Slice yesterday) and they look awesome! Now, I know the oven is a big part of the equation, but by no means all of it.

1st question- Can anyone chime in on them?

I know they seem to be way more expensive than Marsal and Blodgetts (close to 2x!).

Pizzeria Beddia is making pies that look like the ones I would like to some day (reminiscent of old school New York/New Haven coal fired), with DiFara and Apizza Scholls being 2 of the deck versions I most admire- 1 gas and 1 electric.

2nd question-What deck ovens (Manufacturer/Models) would be most suitable for this style in your opinion.

Thanks for any feedback all!

Last edited:
I can’t get into naming ovens by manufacturer (politics) but if you choose the oven with the thickest hearth (deck) and a stone/brick lined baking chamber, and gas fired you won’t be very disappointed. PM me if you want the names of specific manufacturers meeting these criteria.
Tom Lehmann/The Dough Doctor

Last edited:
Hi James:

The Montague company produces very high quality ovens.

You would not go wrong buying them, but other manufacturers like Bakers Pride make great ovens for less cost.

George Mills

Last edited:
Back