Continue to Site

Marketing for Football Season

Napoli_Pizza

After 12 years of operating pizza joints, and never having the time or money to put together a marketing campaign I was proud of, I’ve decided to try something different. I put together a series of in-store pizza marketing campaigns, that are generic enough that we could all use, including coordinated posters, signs, boxtoppers, emails, contests, Facebook and Twitter updates, and more, all for $30 for each campaign. You just open the box, and have a clean, comprehensive, professional looking promotion that can drive sales.

The first campaign is focused on the upcoming football season, called TOUCHDOWN!.
We know every Sunday NFL, Saturday college and Friday night high school game is an opportunity for another order, so we need to associate football and our pizza as often as possible. This kit offers exactly that.

Please go to my website, www.napolipizza.net/IPM/TOUCHDOWN.html , to see some of the materials and more details.

Feel free to post any comments here. I think this is a great chance for us to put together some marketing materials we can all use, save everyone some time, and maybe provide a little inspiration to those stuck in a rut.

Last edited:
While I like your enthusiasm for this marketing promotion I do have some constructive criticism for you. I am not crazy for your poster’s graphic design. For a promotion such as this. I think you should use some bright and shiny colors, perhaps using colors for the regions you are selling in. For Instance I am here in Indianapolis area so the Colts are big out here, so a bright blue and white poster. If you want to make it universally popular instead of team specific, you might want to use a bunch of bright colors so as not to stay in a 2 color team pattern. Red Blue yellow orange. The brightness of the print media will draw customer attention to the poster/box top/counter signs. I do love the idea of the inflatable footballs and this whole campaign idea definatly has potential I am by no means shooting your idea down. Just trying to give you some ideas to help you out since you are selling the packages.

Last edited:
darktoweraylum
Thanks for the comments. I’ll take any comments that will help make this project better. I’m sure as I do future projects, those aspects of the project will improve. Hopefully though, some folks will take advantage of this opportunity, so I can get this ball rolling…

Last edited:
I like the idea a lot napoli. My only recommendation would be to use professional pictures. You can buy them pretty cheap at http://www.istockphoto.com Search around and you’ll find tons of stuff on the cheap. I’m not sure if the license allows you to resell though…

Type “football” into the search box and you’ll see lots of great pictures. Type “pizza” and you’ll get the same.

Truth be told, this would be my choice: http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo- … otball.php

Last edited:
Nice choice Piper. Wonder if I could get that outfit for my wife?

I looked at the photos online. The problem is the cheapest is $400. And the best ones are over $1000. I was trying to keep the costs down so I could hit about $30 including shipping.

keep the comments coming.

Last edited:
Napoli Pizza:
I looked at the photos online. The problem is the cheapest is $400. And the best ones are over $1000. I was trying to keep the costs down so I could hit about $30 including shipping.
Wow, what pictures are you looking at? Most of the large pictures on that site are 12-18 credits. A credit is about $1.25 if you’re buying in low quantities.

Last edited:
48.png
Piper:
Napoli Pizza:
Wow, what pictures are you looking at? Most of the large pictures on that site are 12-18 credits. A credit is about $1.25 if you’re buying in low quantities.
Looking at the (nice) picture that you linked to, the cost would be (I think) 125 credits for resale use.

Last edited:
Registered Guest:
Looking at the (nice) picture that you linked to, the cost would be (I think) 125 credits for resale use.
Oh, I missed the extended license for resale. I’ve always bought pictures there for my own advertising use.

$160 still isn’t bad for a professional picture you can resell - which is what this idea needs.

Last edited:
48.png
Piper:
Registered Guest:
Oh, I missed the extended license for resale. I’ve always bought pictures there for my own advertising use.

$160 still isn’t bad for a professional picture you can resell - which is what this idea needs.
I bet, for less than that, you can find someone to shoot several great looking pictures. There’s tons of students at our college that will do this stuff for free or some food and use them in their portfolio.

Last edited:
If you are going to get a student to take photos, make sure you get a model release…

Last edited:
I like the new pic 🙂 I think this is a great idea as well. Maybe im not as business savy as the rest of the guys on here, but I think you have a great idea. I will be looking further into it. As I am not in the US but in Canada, some tweaking would have to be done, but I am considering it. The best thing that I can think of is a quote I heard recently. Do not look for ways to generate more cash, but look for ways to generate more business, I think what you are doing falls in line with this perfectly. Great job 🙂

Last edited:
I like the new pic 🙂 I think this is a great idea as well. Maybe im not as business savy as the rest of the guys on here, but I think you have a great idea. I will be looking further into it. As I am not in the US but in Canada, some tweaking would have to be done, but I am considering it. The best thing that I can think of is a quote I heard recently. Do not look for ways to generate more cash, but look for ways to generate more business, I think what you are doing falls in line with this perfectly. Great job 🙂

Last edited:
Back